Our midfield problem

Mic09

17 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Thank **** you are not the chairman or the manager. We would more likely be focusing on preparing for league 1 football with those names.

And Joey Barton is the answer to that?

I wonder how the players might feel knowing they are a training session away from a cigar in the eye ball or that he is betting the teams we play to win?

He is a total pr*ck flush.  I think we have enough issues to be getting on with rather than adding to them.

Obviously i disagree but all about opinions which is why we post. 

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Joey Barton was in the team of the year last season in this league. He was Burnleys player of the year. Sean Dyche is a massive fan. Agreed he can have his moments but we should've signed him in the summer and if he was free at Xmas I'd have him. 

If that is the case then he can **** off back to Burnley then.

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Joey Barton... can have his moments...

As a shorthand term for his behaviour, it seems a little lacking.  The cigar incident on its own goes beyond GBH into a realm of psychopathy where few would wish to roam.  It's like Isis, or a mediaeval torturer.  Sick, bizarre, and warranting professional help.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I watched the Man Utd game last night, there was actual midfield players playing. :o Not this huge void of space between defence and attack. It must be the future.

It's so weird watching other teams play. The players all seem capable of doing something, not the 11 Cissokhos we have in our team—one-note, skilless players passing it to each other hoping someone else knows how to make something happen. We are so shit!

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

I thought it was just me but when i watch other games (which I dont do often as 1. It's not Villa so I'm not interested and 2. It makes me feel worse about Villa because...) the players seem so much more confident , whichever the team is,  seem so much more able,  fitter,  more skillful,  more aware of a plan and formation it just makes us look like a bunch of amateurs playing a game and getting lucky not losing!

On 16/10/2016 at 22:35, dn1982 said:

Gardner performed in this league last season so he can do it at this level. Seeing as we don't have many other options he deserves a chance especially in a 3. 

I think he might have played in a midfield 3? @TrentVilla might know?

He certainly didn't work out in a 2 for us this season, or in RDM's tactic of 'THROW ON ALL THE STRIKERS mwahahaha'

Against Wolves we lacked balance. Amazingly we have seemingly yet again pulled off the feat of signing central midfielders who can only 'play' in a 3 rather than 2, thus begging the question as to why we are playing 4-4-2 rather than 4-5-1. Moreover, the fitness of our central midfielders is shocking, never first the ball, never on the front foot, never getting to the 'second ball' in time. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Richard said:

I thought it was just me but when i watch other games (which I dont do often as 1. It's not Villa so I'm not interested and 2. It makes me feel worse about Villa because...) the players seem so much more confident , whichever the team is,  seem so much more able,  fitter,  more skillful,  more aware of a plan and formation it just makes us look like a bunch of amateurs playing a game and getting lucky not losing!

Yes me too, and I think confidence is the biggest issue with us.  That doesn't mean ability isn't a problem, we could certainly do with more in the middle, but we have players here who have been capable elsewhere.  We just seem to be completely bereft of confidence and I don't know how you can just magic up a solution for that.  Hopefully Bruce's supposed man-management skills can go some way towards turning it around.

I also think the sad fact that this thread was started in February 2015 is another indictment on the club as a whole :( 

Â