Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Can we try and look at the positives guys?

I don't mind the team Lambert's picked. Westwood only offers slightly more than Cleverley, and considering Cleverley played fairly well against Bournemouth, I can see the logic in him keeping his place.

Richardson is better going forward than Cissokho, and if we don't attack, we'll just invite more and more pressure. Also, Lambert seems to rely on his fullbacks for attacking width, so again, Richardson fits that tactic better than Cissokho.

some have a witch hunt on cleverley and he is totally to blame for all goals we conceded and cos we don`t score any..and want to swap him for westwood in the team..i like westwood but they are similar players in just doing the simple pass etc trying to keep things ticking over.

Cleverley like some have already said did nothing wrong in last game to deserve dropping,if he had a mare yeah sure drop him.

I remember the same thing happening in Petrovs first season here,

Where has this silly myth come from that Cleverley and Westwood are similar players? And that they both keep it 'ticking over'?

Yes, Westwood keeps it 'ticking over' but Cleverley doesn't. He does nothing. Absolutely nothing. If I was Westwood and someone told me I was similar to Tom Cleverley, I'd be seriously offended.

How many goals / assists has TC got for us this season?

• Like 2

I don't want Westwood or cleverly. I want another attacking player. We only have three out there against 4 defenders and a defensive midfielder. This is why we don't score many. Gil should be in midfield with Sanchez and Delphi and Sinclair or gabby in the side

One positive: if we win this game and Richardson/Cleverley have anything to do with that we will have to give Lambert some credit. 

Oh, I see...

It's a trap!

Edited by Fab

I like the team. A litle suprised Richardson is picked ahead of Cissoko but he had a decent game against bournmouth and should add more quality going forward. 

Yeah he had a really decent game apart from cost us one goal and nearly cost us another late on.

But we don't know if Westwood is even ready to start, he has just come back from injury. This is my point, I understand criticisms of the manager and I have my own, but to just assume he is an idiot because of our starting line-up doesn't make any sense to me when we don't know what is going on behind closed doors.

So what Cleverley was 'OK' against Bournemouth reserves? What about the 20 games before hand in the Premier League. He has been abysmal and its a crime to keep starting him. Westwood everyday of the week for me.

Should have benched em both and played the new guy

some have a witch hunt on cleverley and he is totally to blame for all goals we conceded and cos we don`t score any..and want to swap him for westwood in the team..i like westwood but they are similar players in just doing the simple pass etc trying to keep things ticking over.

Cleverley like some have already said did nothing wrong in last game to deserve dropping,if he had a mare yeah sure drop him.

I remember the same thing happening in Petrovs first season here,

Where has this silly myth come from that Cleverley and Westwood are similar players? And that they both keep it 'ticking over'?

Yes, Westwood keeps it 'ticking over' but Cleverley doesn't. He does nothing. Absolutely nothing. If I was Westwood and someone told me I was similar to Tom Cleverley, I'd be seriously offended.

How many goals / assists has TC got for us this season?

Richardson has the same amount of assists has Westwood and 1 less than Insomnia. none of the side is producing enough.. i am just unwilling to blame it on one player