Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Too bad Clark is out, I would be more comfortable with him than Baker back there. I'm not sure if Okore or Baker can hold the back together. Individually I trust them both. Vlaar and Okore would do fine.

Sinclair I'd like to see, but maybe this is the wrong game to start him. Andi and Gil together again for me.

Sanchez, Westwood, Delph in midfield.

Not expecting to get anything, but hopeful and quite excited after the new signings. The fact that we got them gives me some comfort.

GK: Guzan

LB: Cissokho

CB: Baker

CB: Okore

RB: Hutton

LM: Sinclair

CM: Sanchez

CM: Delph

RM: Gil

ST: Agbonlahor

ST: Weimann

Be brave ...... lose Benteke and bring some mobility back to our forward play !

We've signed Gil and now Sinclair. So I will be very disappointed if Cleverley hasn't been demoted to the kit man.

He should be nowhere near the starting line up but I bet he's the first name on the team sheet.

I would go

----------------------------Guzan---------------------------------

Hutton---------Okore------------Clark-------------Cissokho

---------------------Sanchez------Delph-----------------------

Sinclair---------------------Gil-------------------------Agbonlahor

------------------------------Benteke------------------------------

Scare em with pace out wide. I know Gabby has been shit for us for ages and ordinarily I wouldn't have him in there but I just think pace today is gonna be so vital.

It doesn't reall matter anyway coz we are gonna get beat to nil I think. By 4 pm Lambert will have set yet another shittest record to put on his CV. Most amount of games without scoring a goal in the premiership.

Good times.

We've signed Gil and now Sinclair. So I will be very disappointed if Cleverley hasn't been demoted to the kit man.

He should be nowhere near the starting line up but I bet he's the first name on the team sheet.

I would go

----------------------------Guzan---------------------------------

Hutton---------Okore------------Clark-------------Cissokho

---------------------Sanchez------Delph-----------------------

Sinclair---------------------Gil-------------------------Agbonlahor

------------------------------Benteke------------------------------

Scare em with pace out wide. I know Gabby has been shit for us for ages and ordinarily I wouldn't have him in there but I just think pace today is gonna be so vital.

It doesn't reall matter anyway coz we are gonna get beat to nil I think. By 4 pm Lambert will have set yet another shittest record to put on his CV. Most amount of games without scoring a goal in the premiership.

Good times.

I don't like Delph in that sitting role, Westwood and Sanchez in a holding role, drop Gabby, play Gil and Sinclair on the wings, Benteke up front.

Weimann and Gabby have been horrendous this year, its really shocking.

Edited by villalad21

On the coach, on the way there! My first time at the Emirates.

I can see this being one of those games where we're hopeful after the last game, until we see that Lambert has decided to go 3/5 at the back, in his usual unpredictable way.

That said, I'm feeling confident.

It'll be a major bonus if A. Sanchez is out.

And B?...

I'd like to see the Weimann/Gil link up continue.

Probably go

Guzan

Hutton   Okore   Baker   Aly

Sanchez

Delph  Westwood  

Gil

Benteke  Weimann

Look very weak, i wouldn't go with that formation vs a team like arsenal, seems very naive

Very weak? The midfield is packed against what will be a 3 in midfield from Arsenal.

What would you go then? Clearly I'm very naive so I'm interested to see your ideas.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I'd like to see the Weimann/Gil link up continue.

Probably go

Guzan

Hutton   Okore   Baker   Aly

Sanchez

Delph  Westwood  

Gil

Benteke  Weimann

Look very weak, i wouldn't go with that formation vs a team like arsenal, seems very naive

Very weak? The midfield is packed against what will be a 3 in midfield from Arsenal.

What would you go then? Clearly I'm very naive so I'm interested to see your ideas.

I posted my prefered formation on a previous page. This isn't the right time to experiment on different formations.

Just over half an hour till we see the line up, as some what of a tradition when we have these early games on a Sunday, I'll ask my question:

What we all having for Sunday lunch?

Mine will be Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, Sweetcorn, Rice & Peas, Gravy. 

Edited by samjp26

Just over half an hour till we see the line up, as some what of a tradition when we have these early games on a Sunday, I'll ask my question:

What we all having for Sunday lunch?

Mine will be Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, Sweetcorn, Rice & Peas, Gravy.

Chicken, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, peas and gravy.