Carles Gil

bose

Imagine.. Teams around us are spending figures such as £10m on transfer fees alone, we're still penny pinching over agent fees. We're actually pathetic.

Nothing wrong with penny pinching regarding these absolute **** parasites.  As long as we don't lose out because of this.  With Sanchez, we didn't.

• Like 3

Imagine.. Teams around us are spending figures such as £10m on transfer fees alone, we're still penny pinching over agent fees. We're actually pathetic.

Nothing wrong with penny pinching regarding these absolute **** parasites.  As long as we don't lose out because of this.  With Sanchez, we didn't.

With Sanchez it was understandable, he had a shed load of different agents in Spain, Colombia etc.

I understand what you're saying, they are parasites, however scuppering deals because of it when everything else is seemingly set is a bit daft - especially when you've called a press conference to unveil the player.

Listen, the player wants to play football, he's not getting it at Valencia, he'll make sure the agent doesn't ruin his move.

The fee's are agreed, he's happy with the wages we've offered, we won't let a **** agent and his penny pinching ways get in the way of this obviously good deal.

£3.2m for a Spanish U21 international is an absolute bargain and, for once, we should be congratulating Villa on a job well done. 

• Like 2

if they agent has touted him somewhere else to make sure he gets a good pay out and we lose out i'll be somewhat upset.

Actually I probably won't anymore, I'm starting to feel detached, like a trauma victim.

/rocks back and forth in claret and blue bobble hat

• Like 3

With Sanchez it was understandable, he had a shed load of different agents in Spain, Colombia etc.

I understand what you're saying, they are parasites, however scuppering deals because of it when everything else is seemingly set is a bit daft - especially when you've called a press conference to unveil the player.

The deal hasn't been scuppered though, and neither was the Sanchez deal.

If Gil turns out to be shit then we'd all be crying over the fee we had to pay for him and asking why it was so high.

"It had to be high to make sure it was done in time for a press conference" wouldn't be a very good excuse.

• Like 1

I just think it's amateur - why call a press conference to unveil the player (evidently to try and give the fans a boost I would assume) when the deal isn't even complete?

This is the second signing in a row now where it has nearly been scuppered because of agent fees, baffling. He's in England now, all it takes is Everton or one of the other clubs that were interested in him to give his agent a call and we'll lose out.

I'd be really pleased if we could compliment this signing with Dembele.

A forward line of:

---------------------------Benteke-----------------------------

Grealish-----------------Dembele------------------------Gil

----------------Sanchez--------Westwood------------------

Looks infinitely better than having the likes of Weimann/N'Zogbia anywhere near the first team.

I like Lambert in the transfer market, I must admit. Shame his management skills aren't up to scratch.

UTV

I just think it's amateur - why call a press conference to unveil the player (evidently to try and give the fans a boost I would assume) when the deal isn't even complete?

This is the second signing in a row now where it has nearly been scuppered because of agent fees, baffling. He's in England now, all it takes is Everton or one of the other clubs that were interested in him to give his agent a call and we'll lose out.

The player may have been careless about documenting or remembering what he had agreed with which so-called agent, or more likely the "agent" is trying it on, and the parasite has got his lawyer to make some last-minute cash demands.

Other clubs might just decide to damn the expense to make the problem go away, but with things tight, Aston Villa can't afford to pay, and nor can they afford to get a reputation for relenting on agent fees.

Not ideal, but not necessarily amateurish either.

Surely all fees regarding agents etc should have been finalised before calling a press conference?

That's my point

If the club get a call from an agent's lawyer out of the blue, what are they supposed to do? The player may be at fault, but the club can't be expected to know what agreements (if any) he has made with agents over the years.

Â