Carles Gil

bose

I reckon he will take a while to settle here and his first season he will give 2 or 3 assists and create 4-5 goals we wouldn't have created without him.

Fortunately with the amount of goals we are scoring that kind of difference would be massive and make up like 50% of our goal output. 

• Like 1

The G is pronounced as a H :)

Carles Hill but ill probably just call him Gilly

Anyway the Spanish 'experts' have their say here:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9643098/transfer-news-aston-villa-are-close-to-signing-valencia-midfielder-carles-gil

Good signing, just hope he can express his talent instead of having it stifled by Lambert

This thread is a microcosm of being a Villa fan

Player is exciting great glad we'll sign him

He'll be leaving in a few years for pastures new

No he wont he'll be shite

He'll have to save us

He'll be crap

Well he may be decent but wont be used properly

We need others too

Lol true but you can't say that your exempt from this either Richard, it's VT and we'll moan if we want to.

I was impressed with some of Gil's sidewards passing as well as he back passing, he'll fit perfectly into our "system" although he may be a bit quick for Lambert's liking. :rolleyes:

can you imagine he scores on debut.. be Luna all over again! We finally thought wow a quality left back... and then he was awful. He could also start as bad as Sanchez when some wrote him off early.

My point being..  hes going to need time either way. It is player who possesses quality ball control and dribbling.. so at least when hes 1 on 1 on the wings.. the crowd will lift the way it does when Jack Grealish gets the ball. 

Excited by this. Obviously will give him plenty of time to adapt, but he will hopefully be the Coutinho we should have gotten two seasons back. Would like to see a lineup this weekend of:

Guzan
Hutton Okore Baker Cissokho
Sanchez
Westwood Delph
Gil
Weimann Benteke

A bit narrow, but Gil would hopefully have the freedom to move around a bit , as well as Weimann playing off of Benteke. Think also that when Delph makes driving runs, Gil could make for a very good outlet to keep the ball moving forward...I live in hope :)

Edited by LockStockVilla
  • Like 3

Maybe the Azerbaijanis are coming afterall or a new Assistant, more than likely there's no press conference and Sky have made a mistake.

???

It was a reference to a Jonny Gould tweet from just over a week back where he said he was looking into a Villa takeover involving Azerbaijan/Blackwater, apparently he said it was from a well placed source. But I was joking of course.

Hopefully Gil can be a good signing and on top of everything else win us a few penalties.

Guzan

Sanchez

Westwood Delph

Gil

Weimann Benteke

How about this?

Guzan

Sanchez Delph

Grealish Gil Sinclair

Benteke

Gives us width that doesn't involve fullbacks only. Delph box-to-box with Gil free,  Sanchez deep and Benteke the focus point.

I really like that. Both line ups actually. Could work in different games. Could make a huge difference. 

If the Sinclair deal comes off id say its more likely to be

----Westwood Sanchez delph----

Sinclair ----benteke------- gil

That's if delph doesn't leave this window, if he does I imagine cole will drop in there if fit.

I really dont wont to see cleverley or gabby in our team for the rest of the season tbh

• Like 1

Villa Press Conference postponed - last minute problem in Gil deal #avfc

Villa still confident of clinching deal but, for now, unveiling of player won't be happening #avfc

Yep, press conference cancelled.

Edited by samjp26

Â