Carles Gil

bose

sideways indeed. Good one.

£3.2 million

Teams have spent far more on players who have been really shite. He might be even worse than them. He might be really really terrible. 

He might be good, but for that money he's probably not especially good. Or else another team would be in for him. Why don't other teams want him? Is it because he's terrible? And Villa are also terrible, so we match up? Michael Chopra cost £5 million. Is he 40% worse than Michael Chopra?

He's unlikely to be Di Maria, but he can't really be any worse than what we have already. Unless he is. I mean the players Villa have been playing have PL experience. And they look like they've just gotten a ball that is twice as heavy as the one they're used to playing with. 

Dembele would be good. It would be nice if we were only pretending to be interested in Gil so as to bring the price on Dembele down, but I guess I'm just delirious from hunger and sleep deprivation.

I'll reserve judgement on what lambert will do with him until he plays at least one game. We may all be surprised and he will play his natural game and not played out of position or made to play backwards or sideways.

This thread is a microcosm of being a Villa fan

Player is exciting great glad we'll sign him

He'll be leaving in a few years for pastures new

No he wont he'll be shite

He'll have to save us

He'll be crap

Well he may be decent but wont be used properly

We need others too

What signings have you seen make a huge difference under Lambert?

Hardly surprising things get questioned. I think its a good signing and the type we should be bringing into the club. I have little faith the end result for the club will be different though.

Edited by DCJonah

This thread is a microcosm of being a football fan

Player is exciting great glad we'll sign him

He'll be leaving in a few years for pastures new

No he wont he'll be shite

He'll have to save us

He'll be crap

Well he may be decent but wont be used properly

We need others too

Fixed.

Edited by AValon

Looks like a good little player, diminutive, tricky, quick and likes to take the ball forward. Hopefully will provide the link between the midfield and Benteke. Looking forward to seeing him in a Villa shirt, he can be our very own, budget David Silva!

Lot's of talk on Twitter about a press conference tomorrow?

Would this signing really warrant a press conference?

Wouldn't bother me either way.

To repeat old man Mooney's question, how do you pronounce Gil? I'm saying it like "hill" but with a fair amount of phlegm involved.

Â