Carles Gil

bose

I'm really getting tired of Villa. 

I'm tired of other teams having decent football to watch.

Why can't we have one or two technically gifted players to watch?

Why do our players have to be cloggers like Sinclair, Gabby and Gestede?

Well, he should go where he can get back-to-back games, A run out is the only way he'll fulfil any potential he has. Good luck to him, I hope he does an Albrighton.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KHV said:

Would make a perfect number 10, we don't play with a number 10 so there is no need for him here what so ever. Will be a good player for someone that can accommodate him. His performances for Villa have been wildly over rated though.

This. Slows the play down too much for the Premier League and Remi doesn't often play a 10 anyway. Much more suited to playing in Spain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Can't say I'm that devastated. I think he's got potential but rarely has an impact. I wonder if Garde will get the same reaction as the last manager who didn't fancy Gil as a regular.

You do realise he rarely has an impact because he rarely plays?  Hardly seems a "fair" meter on which to judge him - especially if you're bringing in reaction against the last manager.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I acknowledge that. There's probably a reason 2 managers haven't played him much. And in the games he has played he's rarely had a big impact on the game 

Statistically, sure.  I'm only going to go back to the Arsenal game, though, as showing what he can do.  Him and Traore both came on and looked lively, Gil especially wanted the ball the whole time and looked to get forward.  He didn't actually create anything, but he was the player who looked like doing it.

He's produced more (statistically) and looked better than Jack Grealish on the whole, but there'd be uproar if we sold Grealish.  It makes no sense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Can't say I'm that devastated. I think he's got potential but rarely has an impact. I wonder if Garde will get the same reaction as the last manager who didn't fancy Gil as a regular.

Obsessed :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Statistically, sure.  I'm only going to go back to the Arsenal game, though, as showing what he can do.  Him and Traore both came on and looked lively, Gil especially wanted the ball the whole time and looked to get forward.  He didn't actually create anything, but he was the player who looked like doing it.

He's produced more (statistically) and looked better than Jack Grealish on the whole, but there'd be uproar if we sold Grealish.  It makes no sense.

If I had a choice I wouldn't sell him. I think he's got potential. I wouldn't say his potential is as high as Grealish and he's not come through our youth academy, which is why the reactions would be different. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

If we agreed the sale of Grealish I honestly would not care. Id probaby drive him wherever he needed to go too.

4 hours ago, mwj said:

This. Slows the play down too much for the Premier League and Remi doesn't often play a 10 anyway. Much more suited to playing in Spain

Slows the play down :D

Sinclair, N'Zogbia and Gabby do a great job with all their pace. Just because he has an idea of what he wants to do with the ball when he gets it doesn't mean he's not suited to the prem.

• Like 3

Just now, Tom13 said:

Slows the play down :D

Sinclair, N'Zogbia and Gabby do a great job with all their pace. Just because he has an idea of what he wants to do with the ball when he gets it doesn't mean he's not suited to the prem.

well he slowed it down with an empty net vs watford by taking it onto his left foot and allowing defenders to get back

Â