Carles Gil

bose

We don't deserve him to be honest.

Clueless club with a manager who has so far been very unimpressive. Stick to playing the cloggers like Sinclair and Gabby or we'll end up like Palace or Leicester 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like him. He's a good player, but we have a size problem and a ready made replacement in Grealish. There's some logic to it I guess, but it's a pity.

Yes-I agree with you.

I would add Traore to the equation. There are only so many of these offensive type players that we can play. I like Gil but I think that theres only one out of Gil, Grealish & Traore that you can play. Given this season, I'd put Gil ahead of Grealish but long term may be a different kettle of fish. There could also be a release clause in Gils contract if we get relegated.

It's funny that the self-proclaimed 'greatest league in the world' is an abject failure when it comes across teams in Europe able to 'slow down' play and make our best clubs look poor. 

Also happens in international football.

It'd make a really interesting experiment to take four or five clubs from Spain and play them in the PL for a season. I suspect they'd take most teams apart and dominate with football that's too slow. 

15 minutes ago, myko said:

We don't deserve him to be honest.

Clueless club with a manager who has so far been very unimpressive. Stick to playing the cloggers like Sinclair and Gabby or we'll end up like Palace or Leicester 

we dont deserve him? He is hardly the 2nd coming of Messi or going to some huge European club the way people make statements like that

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Shaw_nuff said:

It'd make a really interesting experiment to take four or five clubs from Spain and play them in the PL for a season. I suspect they'd take most teams apart and dominate with football that's too slow. 

I think other than the top two everyone would struggle and at least half would struggle in the Championship. Spanish football is even more broken than ours.

59 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Slows the play down :D

Sinclair, N'Zogbia and Gabby do a great job with all their pace. Just because he has an idea of what he wants to do with the ball when he gets it doesn't mean he's not suited to the prem.

Last time I checked we weren't trying to play tiki taka...

(or maybe we have been, would explain a lot... :blush: )

I don't think anyone has even gone anywhere near suggesting the alternatives have been great this season.

It's hardly as if Gil hasn't been given a chance. I don't think he's good enough to build a team around accommodating him in the number 10 role, which is the only place I see him as being effective, and if he wants to leave because he's not happy with his game time then I won't be losing much sleep.

• Like 2

If that's the case then I don't really understand the outrage over suggesting that a club doesn't deserve a player who looks better than the rest of those in that position yet consistently gets very little chance. 

Just now, VillaChris said:

It was a valid criticism when Sherwood was here as he hardly played but he's started what 3 out of Remi's 6 games. It's hardly an Adama warming the bench scenario.

He didn't play because we were getting results without him.

Say if Liverpool were struggling for goals and refusing to give Benteke any chance for a prolonged period of time besides the odd 5 minutes here or there then I'm sure some Villa fans would be thinking they don't deserve him. Perhaps "deserve" wasn't the right choice of word. Wasn't suggesting Gil is bigger than the club or even the best player, was just trying to look at the situation objectively.

People on VT love ganging up on a post over a slip of the tongue or  someone having an opinion which doesn't match their's, puts me off. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

nobody is ganging up on anybody. the fact is that he is an average player who cant get into the shittest team in Europe and thats not because some managerial conspiracy

its because he is not that good

I know we're bad, but 'shittest team in Europe'?

Â