Carles Gil

bose

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Couldn't run, beat a man, had no right foot, didn't create, had a piss weak shot and was easily pushed off the ball and outfought...but hey, he was Spanish and left footed.

Utter crap.

Piss weak shot - what a bizarre thing to throw at a player; a] at all and b] when they can score goals of the like against Bournemouth, Leicester and Sunderland. 

Haters gonna hate. 

• Like 1

Always liked Gil. It's a shame to see him leave. 

I always remember Sherwoods line of 'he can open a tin with his left foot'. 

Unfortunately never seemed to settle or get a good run of games, but had some moments of pure magic. 

• Like 1

Not too fussed by this to be honest and flattered to deceive most of time for me.  I think he did get a lot of game time and scoring the odd 'worldie' just isn't enough.  Hope he does well and we receive a decent fee in return.  Move on. 

Scored some nice goals, looked like he gave a shit (particularly when he made appearances from the bench), but as Stevo has said there was a sense he never really settled and has his share of limitations. 

Cheerio Carles.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

30 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Always liked Gil. It's a shame to see him leave. 

I always remember Sherwoods line of 'he can open a tin with his left foot'. 

Unfortunately never seemed to settle or get a good run of games, but had some moments of pure magic. 

And unfortunately we never got to see him open a tin with his left foot, that would've been a damn sight more entertaining than most of last season. I'd have happily paid good money to see that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sonic_bouma said:

Not really digging these season long loans of players that could prove to be useful.

Veretout and now Gil. So far we've got rid of zero of the wasters. Frustrating.

Yep, no money received. 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Unfortunately, he only shot once every 6 months. The fact that they all flew in is almost irrelevant.

It's entirely relevant when the statement being questioned was he "had a piss weak shot"

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's entirely relevant when the statement being questioned was he "had a piss weak shot"

Sure. My point was more a general one. He has the tools to be a good player, for whatever reason he just doesn't seem to be able to put them to use. 

Maybe that'll happen elsewhere. Either way I don't think we will be looking back at him as a great missed opportunity. 

Â