Carles Gil

bose

Gabby likes him 

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4864234,00.html

Gabby Agbonlahor says Carles Gil has been in fine form training here in Portugal.

Agbonlahor has been impressed with the Spaniard's tricks, flicks and build-up play as the team work on their game in the Algarve ready for the 2015/16 campaign.

Gil began his claret and blue career in fine style, scoring on his first start against Bournemouth in the FA Cup.

However, as the campaign continued, the former Valencia midfielder found his chances limited as Villa battled for their top-flight lives.

Gil returned to pre-season training with the lads earlier this month and long-serving forward ace Agbonlahor has been pleased with what he's seen of the playmaker.

Agbonlahor thinks Gil can have a big impact next term.

He told AVTV HD: "Carles has come back in pre-season and he's flying.

"I played with him in a practice match the other day and I loved playing with him.

"He can get the ball, turn and slip you through.

"He's perfect for me, running in behind.

"I hope he keeps improving and hopefully he gets a chance because, for me, he's a quality player."

Westwood said something similar yesterday too

Well looks like he is part of sherwood's plan and not being ostracized or sold or out of favour as we were constantly reminded - was just not what Sherwood thought would handle a relegation battle which is much more difficult in the PL than in Spain. 

Once he starts or is in the match day squad can we now move on and accept that he's now here and is staying (I suppose until the first time he is not in the match day squad) then the same old same old will start again.

Looking forward to seeing the lad along with the new guys in the famous shirt!

Normally when the players start bigging something up, it's a part of the clubs plans.

I expect to see a Gil start playing, and we'll find out if he was a good 'catch' or not.

Well looks like he is part of sherwood's plan and not being ostracized or sold or out of favour as we were constantly reminded - was just not what Sherwood thought would handle a relegation battle which is much more difficult in the PL than in Spain. 

Once he starts or is in the match day squad can we now move on and accept that he's now here and is staying (I suppose until the first time he is not in the match day squad) then the same old same old will start again.

Looking forward to seeing the lad along with the new guys in the famous shirt!

What?  There was no conspiracy after all this time...say it ain't so.

• Like 1

Dont think it was a case of tim not rating gil was more a case of will gil battle for the cause. I think if gil starts next to grealish behind striker i can see gil tearing the place up i think he is potentially that good. The ball sticks to his feet.

Really impressed with his attitude - could quite easily have said 'sod this' and gone back to Spain but he's stepping up and trying to make his mark. Keep up the good work Carles.

Yes - it's looking good isn't it?

Also strongly suggests all the bullshit about him storming out when not named in squads was exactly that.

Depends what formation Sherwood goes for really, I'd keep the 4-3-2-1 and some of the signs and links seem to indicate it's retention is likely and then play 4-4-2 against slow teams like Sunderland and West Brom which Sherwood also did last season.

Really impressed with his attitude - could quite easily have said 'sod this' and gone back to Spain but he's stepping up and trying to make his mark. Keep up the good work Carles.

I think he'd have been an idiot had he done that.  I'm very glad he looks like he will be in the plans but i'm not sure he should be singled out for praise.  He's trying to get into the managers plans like 90% of the players over in portugal at the moment.

He's singled out for praise because not everyone was unceremoniously dropped like he was when the manager came in. That's all. Credit where it's due.

• Like 3

Â