New manager

reykjavik

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Hoddle been pretty successful wherever he's been, and the only reason he isn't in a job is that he's an eejit in the non-footballing sense?

awful at Wolves his last job and Spurs the job before that

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Hoddle been pretty successful wherever he's been, and the only reason he isn't in a job is that he's an eejit in the non-footballing sense?

Like O'Leary - great coach, rotten personality. 

Unless Hoddle is just coming in as the director of football with Sherwood in as manager, possible?

Feasible. They were apparently going to allow Lambert to have a say on the new DOF.

SkyBet have suspended betting on Hoddle.

A lot of betting companies suspend betting over night so they don't get had so I wouldn't read to much into it just yet

Isa wins the aforementioned prize of being the first person to be told that betting gets suspended overnight. Tek a bow son!

• Like 2

I have no issue with Hoddle actually, may be just what we need at the moment and the players would be able to understand his accent too! As for the fact he tried to use alternative therapists is neither here nor there to me, the difference between winning and losing is often minuscule so anything is worth a try if it makes even a tiny difference. 

Didin't someone on SSN suggest we should go after Hoddle too? Though then questioned why he would want to come here?..Charlie Nicholas maybe?

Isa wins the aforementioned prize of being the first person to be told that betting gets suspended overnight. Tek a bow son!

No, no. This one was a temporary suspension while they readjusted his odds. I didn't realise they do that.

For me it's too late to bring anyone good who is available and is a high risk to bring in an inexperienced manager who doesn't know our squad. Unless we are willing to bring in a big money manager.. I would bring in Rafa Benitez. As it's likely we want to do it on the cheap I would give Cowans the role. He knows the lads and has their respect. He can bring Peter Withe as his assistant. Fans will back these legends and the atmosphere will lift the players. If we survive we can look into how they did to renew on a permanent basis if they want it or go for a better manager where we will have more time