New manager

reykjavik

I've gone from elated to petrified that Lerner is on another manager hunt. Hope to god he isnt reading threads like this, had to do the cartoon rub the eyes thing when i saw a genuine suggestion for Curbishley.

Who would your suggestion be?

I dont really have a good suggestion off the top of my head. Does that mean i cant laugh at all the ridiculous suggestions? Or are Neil Lennon, Alan Crubishley or Nigel Adkins good suggestions? I'm half expecting someone to mention Roy Keane at some point.

I've gone from elated to petrified that Lerner is on another manager hunt. Hope to god he isnt reading threads like this, had to do the cartoon rub the eyes thing when i saw a genuine suggestion for Curbishley.

Who would your suggestion be?

I dont really have a good suggestion off the top of my head. Does that mean i cant laugh at all the ridiculous suggestions? Or are Neil Lennon, Alan Crubishley or Nigel Adkins good suggestions? I'm half expecting someone to mention Roy Keane at some point.

You can laugh at what you wish and I would say that all the names you mention are not good suggestions.

I'm terrified that it might be Hoddle. I really, really dislike him.

His record isn't that bad. And all the teams he managed played good football.

When did he last manage a team in the top division? Genuine question...

apparently Big Sam is a local and may be interested in the villa job?

He wanted the job when Lerner first took over. He approached the advisors but they wanted MON. He's from Dudley and has a soft spot for villa. He's got wet spam playing some good stuff! Funny though before lambert was sacked we all said anyone will do and could do no worse but now we can't even agree amongst ourselves!!! I'd like fatih Tarim or Murat yakin but that's me being biased cod they are Turkish!!

A few years ago a poster on here (or another Villa site) who knew Allardyce, said that he would walk to Villa Park from Bolton for the job.

Not always been a big fan of his football, especially his spell at Blackburn but i think he would connect well with the fans,

and he has done a reasonable job at Bolton and West Ham, after being badly treated by Newcastle. Dont think he will be coming anyway.

Hoddle is well past it, though he briefly had Swindon playing superb stuff years ago.

We may only get a short term appointment.

The Middlesborough manager Karanca? would be a decent long term bet. But we cant afford any more mistakes. 

Now, Tim Sherwood is clearly a big penis.

BUT, he's so damn cocksure of himself, I think he would motivate our side quite well and probably keep us up.

I'm not a fan though, and I think it would turn bitter at some point - probably early next season. Seeing how he's turned down QPR for money reasons and I remember him refusing the Spurs job unless he got an 18 month deal, there's no way he'd come here til just the end of the season.

Definite no to: Hoddle, Southgate, Laudrup, Klinsmann.

Wouldn't mind Warburton, Lennon (arse of a man, but he'd be our arse) or Dyche. I do think though from all mentioned so far, Sherwood would be our best chance of survival, despite the grim prospects going forwards.

Prandelli wouldn't come here, we're a risk for any foreign coach because they probably CBA with fighting to get out of the Championship. Would be a fan of any from Paco, Yakin, Garde, Galtier could we persuade them. I actually think, because of the money in this league, we could be quite an attractive proposition, should they trust themselves to save us.

Klinsmann, Bradley or Arena I presume if it is true that Fox is in the U.S. at the moment?

I would suggest that doesn't mean much. If anything, it's possible he's picking Klinsmann's brain about potential managerial choices. Klinsmann's in the middle of a project with the national team and he loves life in L.A.; throwing that away for a high risk position in sunny Birmingham doesn't seem very likely to me.

apparently Big Sam is a local and may be interested in the villa job?

He wanted the job when Lerner first took over. He approached the advisors but they wanted MON. He's from Dudley and has a soft spot for villa. He's got wet spam playing some good stuff! Funny though before lambert was sacked we all said anyone will do and could do no worse but now we can't even agree amongst ourselves!!! I'd like fatih Tarim or Murat yakin but that's me being biased cod they are Turkish!!

I'd take Big Sam in a heartbeat. Contract with West Ham runs out in summer as well, so could be had for limited compo. He'd have to bring Sheringham as well though.