New manager

reykjavik

I think useless is my favourite poster.

I can never tell if he really means his posts or he's having us all on

Careful. You get warning points for that comment.

I presume this is a reference to the post that got deleted where you accused me of being on a wind-up for daring to praise Lambert. I think there's a bit of a difference.

Edit: I wouldn't have deleted it myself, I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but I promise I wasn't trying to wind anybody up with my praise for Lambert.

Edited by useless

And if he'd gone there and won it with one of the big 3 then I'd agree with you, but he didn't. You don't rate him and that's fine, but he's not a flavour of the month to those who do rate him. That's all.

No but he is inconsistant. He does well at one club and poorly at the next.

Good spells: Boro, Twente (Mark I), Derby

Bad spells: England, Wolfsburg, Twente (Mark II), Forest.

It is clearly working at Derby, he should stay there. History suggests no basis to indicate that he'll carry that into his next club.

Right men, he has ruled himself out.  Apparently there is still bad blood between him and us over Lerner’s U-turn and subsequent hiring of AMcL.

Also Paul Clement has ruled himself out of a move anywhere before the end of this season.

I still can't believe Lerner apparently took notice of the fans when it came to McLaren yet he went for McLeish instead. I'd like to think there was more to it than that but who knows. Lets hope Fox does have full control over the choice of manager.

I presume this is a reference to the post that got deleted where you accused me of being on a wind-up for daring to praise Lambert. I think there's a bit of a difference.

(Help this American: "wind-up"is British for "troll," right? Thank you!)

(Help this American: "wind-up"is British for "troll," right? Thank you!)

By and large yes, although winding up can also sometimes be done light-heartedly or jokingly, whereas trolling is always negative.
  • Like 2

Edit: I wouldn't have deleted it myself, I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but I promise I wasn't trying to wind anybody up with my praise for Lambert.

OK. Understood. No problem. My apologies. I was confused, but you have made that clear now.  :)

• Like 1

Why does Glenn Hoddle have such short odds? Would be a horrendous appointment, I can't recall him ever doing a good job as manager anywhere.

Keown mentioned him on MoTD last night.

I'd rather have Lambert back.

Statistically, Hoddle is the most successful ENGLAND manager since Sir Alf Ramsey

Edited by Villastine