Villa FA Cup 4th Round Draw

andykeenan

Bournemouth score goals for fun (in the division below us against the likes of Small Heath). We keep it tight at the back (against the likes of Liverpool who knocked them out of the other cup at their ground).

They have also never beaten us even when they had Ted MacDougall to open the scoring with a superb diving header in front of the Holte End in 1972 in front of 48,110 fans who will never forget that game we had Andy Lochhead to win it with a sweet volley from a free-kick from big George Curtis. 

They will no doubt rest players with an eye on promotion and I wish them luck with that. We will I trust put out as strong a team as we are able. We have Benteke to play the Andy Lochhead part but where is their Ted MacDougall?

We could have had tougher as well as easier games than this one. But this is a game we can win and I say bring it on!

The worst part of the draw is that it does not put the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or the Manchester clubs together yet. 

Edited by John
  • Like 2

Similar result will do me. Not sure we'll have 48k turn up for this one though!

I went to this game - the atmosphere was incredible with all four sides of the ground chanting VILLA! VILLA! VILLA!!

At the time I believe the 48,000 crowd was a record for a div 3 fixture. The header by Ted McDougall was a stunner and VP was equally stunned but we turned it round with Vowden and Lochead scoring. McDougall had a great scoring record at Bournemouth and left the season after for a brief spell at Man U.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 4

Another three weeks for the new style to bed in

Another three weeks for our best player to get more up t speed

Another three weeks for injuries and suspensions to work through

Another three weeks to reinforce the team

Fancy a home win and a quarter final appearance at least

• Like 1

Another three weeks for the new style to bed in

Another three weeks for our best player to get more up t speed

Another three weeks for injuries and suspensions to work through

Another three weeks to reinforce the team

Fancy a home win and a quarter final appearance at least

Is that you Julie?

To put it in to perspective, although not the whole story, we have a harder tie than some all Premier league ties if you look at difference in league position of all 92 clubs.

We are 12th in England, Bournemouth are 21st, so 8 teams between us. However Saints potentially play Crystal Palace and there are 13 teams between them and 14 between potential Tottenham/Leicester tie. So you could argue (without me actually researching this) we actually got the hardest tie of any Premier League team!

Yes, you can tell, I'm already trying to rationlise a defeat! :)

• Like 1

Similar result will do me. Not sure we'll have 48k turn up for this one though!

I went to this game - the atmosphere was incredible with all four sides of the ground chanting VILLA! VILLA! VILLA!!

At the time I believe the 48,000 crowd was a record for a div 3 fixture. The header by Ted McDougall was a stunner and VP was equally stunned but we turned it round with Vowden and Lochead scoring. McDougall had a great scoring record at Bournemouth and left the season after for a brief spell at Man U.

He certainly did. He scored nine goals in one game one time for Bournemouth. Not sure if that was in the FA Cup as well?