Villa FA Cup 4th Round Draw

andykeenan

We had a famous game against Bournemouth in the old third division in 72 48000 and we won 2-1

i couldn't go as i was ill but my older brother went.andy lochead bullet header.

Ted Macdougal gave them the lead with a great diving header. 

Edited by PaulC

Another three weeks for the new style to bed in

Another three weeks for our best player to get more up t speed

Another three weeks for injuries and suspensions to work through

Another three weeks to reinforce the team

Fancy a home win and a quarter final appearance at least

That is the worst poem ever.

• Like 4

We had a famous game against Bournemouth in the old third division in 72 48000 and we won 2-1

i couldn't go as i was ill but my older brother went.andy lochead bullet header.

Proud to have been in the crowd that day. It was one of the best times ever at Villa Park.

We certainly won't get 48,000 for the cup game!

Another three weeks for the new style to bed in

Another three weeks for our best player to get more up t speed

Another three weeks for injuries and suspensions to work through

Another three weeks to reinforce the team

Fancy a home win and a quarter final appearance at least

That is the worst poem ever.

I actually think it scans quite well. 

EDIT: It works best if you read it in a Yorkshire accent to get the full value out of "up t speed". Then you can imagine the poet is a deluded Leeds fan or something, or maybe a very realistic Leeds fan being ironic. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

I think they'd struggle to score against us.

They looked very much like a 2nd division outfit when Liverpool pushed them over in the League Cup. Its one thing tea bagging second division rubbish like Small Heath and quite another coming up against top flight defenders.

I doubt they'd have played a side as well organised defensively as us, while them coming to play a little, may make it more likely we'll score.

• Like 1

Proud to have been in the crowd that day. It was one of the best times ever at Villa Park.

We certainly won't get 48,000 for the cup game!

back then we were considered a huge club, its amazing how much dropping down a league or two can do for your stature  ;)

Bowyer & McDougal were the strikers at Bournemouth

Was there halfway up the Holte End. Great atmo

(think it was a 3rd Div attendance record 43,000)

Quick ...... somebody find Andy Lochhead !!!!!!!!

When Steve Staunton moved to Centre back, I'm sure that when he would hoof a left-footer up to Stan, he wished "Ol' Andy" would get on the end of it

Would this be on tv? If we were at Dean Court then it's would be a strong chance of it.  But not many stand out ties bar Cambridge-Manure. I guess Brighton-Arse wil be on TV as well but don't know the other picks tbh. Depends if our general dreadfulness is worse of a story than a possible cup upset.