All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

Working at a university, it's freshers week. I now realise I a man in his thirties is more than double the age of most of these scrawny, unnecessarily healthy little ****. They will be off to fresher's nights out tonight, and I am already looking forward to a herbal tea and an early night with my PJs. They will frolick tomorrow despite having drunk 12 pints and 10 shots. I will stumble up still groggy despite being stone cold sober. Young people really are dicks

Edited by Rodders
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Working at a university, it's freshers week. I now realise I a man in his thirties is more than double the age of most of these scrawny, unnecessarily healthy little ****. They will be off to fresher's nights out tonight, and I am already looking forward to a herbal tea and an early night with my PJs. They will frolick tomorrow despite having drunk 12 pints and 10 shots. I will stumble up still groggy despite being stone cold sober. Young people really are dicks

Isn't fresher's week basically dead now in terms of what it was in the past? From what I've heard the mad drinking, partying and playing up has been replaced by more respectable activities. 

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

Pics or GTFO

• Haha 1

On 29/09/2023 at 16:09, Rds1983 said:

Isn't fresher's week basically dead now in terms of what it was in the past? From what I've heard the mad drinking, partying and playing up has been replaced by more respectable activities. 

All that has changed is the Student Unions have got tamer and the students get pissed at student nights in town now

I feel partly responsible for this shifting emphasis as I was one of the ones that started the trend in the 80s. I don't feel remotely guilty

On 29/09/2023 at 16:09, Rds1983 said:

Not entirely but when my sister who is 14 years younger than me, when she started Uni a few years ago I did notice a much more restrained attitude to drink. They'd have a few drinks in the house and go to a club about once a month or so, very tame for first years! 

Also, went to Leeds recently for a bit of a nostalgia trip for my wife who went to Uni there, so we pottered through their SU and far more promos for healthy living. It's a disgrace.

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Also, went to Leeds recently for a bit of a nostalgia trip for my wife who went to Uni there, so we pottered through their SU and far more promos for healthy living. It's a disgrace.

On the other hand, the so-called 'Otley Run' (actually Otley Road run, as it goes nowhere near Otley) was in my day (early 1970s) an end-of-term only thing. These days there are pissed-up students in fancy dress vomiting in the streets and staggering in front of traffic every bloody weekend. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Gen Z drink (and smoke) a lot less than Millennials who themselves drink less than Gen Xs.

There has been a persistent decline in alcohol consumption among young people over the last few decades all over the developed world. 

My lad (13) has several times he has absolutely no interest in drinking or getting drunk when he’s older. A lot can change of course but I don’t think getting hammered several times a week is the same path they’ll take as we did.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

On the other hand, the so-called 'Otley Run' (actually Otley Road run, as it goes nowhere near Otley) was in my day (early 1970s) an end-of-term only thing. These days there are pissed-up students in fancy dress vomiting in the streets and staggering in front of traffic every bloody weekend. 

It does if you do it properly and get the bus.

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

Not entirely but when my sister who is 14 years younger than me, when she started Uni a few years ago I did notice a much more restrained attitude to drink. They'd have a few drinks in the house and go to a club about once a month or so, very tame for first years! 

I graduated from Leeds 15 years ago and spent many a night in their SU (met my wife there). Would be shocked to see how much it's changed.

On 29/09/2023 at 13:18, mjmooney said:

Very, very much THIS. 

Yeah, even for me, this is true. Like, 1998 feels like it’s about ten years ago, not f…ing 25. There are people who themselves are starting to feel too old who weren’t even born when stuff happened that feels like yesterday to me. 

• Like 1

On 29/09/2023 at 14:19, Rodders said:

I’m 53 and I still do that , I don’t see myself having  a cup of Horlicks and being in bed at 10 anytime soon in my future tbh

Last week my Friday night started early afternoon in the pub , then a gig in London and ended around 3 am in a bar in Woking  doing multiple rounds of shots with a few random stragglers , one of whom was a rather tipsy woman who wanted  me to come back to her house in Farnborough so she could dance naked for me … amusing as it was i put her in a cab and  went home… i kinda woke up a few hours later wondering if the taxi driver was getting my naked dance :)  

• Like 2

Â