All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

Just now, mjmooney said:

That would be a major selling point for me, so I appreciate the emphasis. 

I don’t think I’ve put a CD in my car in 4 years.

For music it’s either the USB stick or bluetooth from my phone. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

No CD player, no car. I would not buy one without it. I understand though as time progresses I will be limited and might have to forego one at some point. But thats not the point of the picture.

I waited years to have a car with a CD player. Finally got one. CD player broke immediately it was out of warranty. Waited for another new car. It had a CD player but I never used it once as it had a SD card player. 

Current car doesn't even have a CD player, just a USB stick player. 

Fine by me. Why cart around a load of CDs when you have your entire music collection on a stick or card? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I waited years to have a car with a CD player. Finally got one. CD player broke immediately it was out of warranty. Waited for another new car. It had a CD player but I never used it once as it had a SD card player. 

Current car doesn't even have a CD player, just a USB stick player. 

Fine by me. Why cart around a load of CDs when you have your entire music collection on a stick or card? 

I like to select an album, dont get me wrong, there are days when I will put a spotify playlist on, but currently I have 4 or 5 physical albums in there, selected and not randomly grabbed. I know I could use my Spotify subscription but I like physical media.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I like to select an album, dont get me wrong, there are days when I will put a spotify playlist on, but currently I have 4 or 5 physical albums in there, selected and not randomly grabbed. I know I could use my Spotify subscription but I like physical media.

You can select an album from your stick/card easy enough. 

Have it on loop, play those tracks randomly or in order. Dead easy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Exactly this for me, too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You can select an album from your stick/card easy enough.

Streaming: 

Switch mobile data on 

Switch bluetooth on 

Switch car radio on, wait for bluetooth to connect 

Select connection

Open Spotify 

Search for album 

Make sure shuffle is off 

Press play 

CD: 

Place CD in slot 

Press play 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Streaming: 

Switch mobile data on 

Switch bluetooth on 

Select connection

Open Spotify 

Search for album 

Make sure shuffle is off 

Press play 

CD: 

Place CD in slot 

Press play 

now do it when you want to change which album you want to listen to...do you never just get a massive swerve and want to listen to something entirely different?

and the first 4 steps are automatic if you've set it up properly

havent had a CD player in my car for about 12 years now

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Streaming: 

Switch mobile data on 

Switch bluetooth on 

Select connection

Open Spotify 

Search for album 

Make sure shuffle is off 

Press play 

CD: 

Place CD in slot 

Press play 

I was talking about SD card/stick reader.  

CD, eject previous CD, wait a bit, fumble about to find case, load old CD in case, put old case back in it's place.  Fumble about trying to find new CD, remove from case, put case back in it's place, stick in slot, wait a bit, press play

SD/USB - Select artist, select album, press play.

I prefer CD ( not that I have a choice in the current car ). Forces me to not skip songs so much, so I don't overdo the same few tracks, and I listen to a full album ( albeit car CD's tend to be best ofs or collections like "indie music of the 90s or whatever, the ones where they can afford the rights to about 6 or 7 recognisable tunes and then 12 or 13 - "who the **** is this" type songs :crylaugh: )

Its not necessarily about ease with using Spotify or CD's. Although for me the latter is the easiest. Pop the CD in and it plays. Whilst the last track is playing, without taking my eyes off the road, I take the empty case, open it with my left hand whilst its on the seat next to me, then when the album has finished, I eject it and put it in its case. Then get the next CD and do the reverse. Not once do I need to look down and all done with one hand. Spotify, if I want to change to a different album, legally, I need to pull over. Yes I have Hey google, but on my phone its turned off as I have google speakers in a few rooms in the house.

Thats the ease and convenience element. I just prefer to have an album, play in the order it was intended, just the tracks. I have to think about what I want to listen to ahead of time, I am constrained by what's on the shelves. I like that. Currently I have the Olivia Rodrigo album in the car, a George Strait hits collection, a couple of Rodney Atkins albums and Extricate by the Fall. Depending on my mood, they will all get played, then removed. Tomorrow I am driving to St Annes and I will switch to Spotify as my wife is in the van with me and her taste is different to mine so she can DJ on the journey up.

We are a bit off topic so, here. 

d6s6sXv.jpeg

I didnt screenshot this, dont know if its a real story, dont have a link to the story, only have the picture. 

58 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Its not necessarily about ease with using Spotify or CD's. Although for me the latter is the easiest. Pop the CD in and it plays. Whilst the last track is playing, without taking my eyes off the road, I take the empty case, open it with my left hand whilst its on the seat next to me, then when the album has finished, I eject it and put it in its case. Then get the next CD and do the reverse. Not once do I need to look down and all done with one hand. Spotify, if I want to change to a different album, legally, I need to pull over.

Again, this is me, exactly. 

The other thing, is the choosing before going out. Yes, Spotify has 'everything' (it doesn't, but we'll let that slide), but it's all 'invisible' - I have to think of something and start scrolling. The CDs are on shelves in the living room. I can scan my eyes across them and spot something I may not have thought of. 

It's just an alternative way of selecting music. I stream in the car a lot. But there are times when a CD or two is better. 

What I have totally abandoned is the data stick method, don't like it at all. 

• Like 3

Does it perhaps depend on the set up in your car to some extent?

I can’t be arsed with streaming, I have no music on my phone.

I do have about 20 or 30 albums each on 3 or 4 usb-c’s

The car has a large touch screen that shows me a scrolling picture of all the album covers, I can touch the screen, or press ok on the steering wheel. Hell, I’ve even got gesture control, I can spin the wheel of albums with a whoosh of the wrist and pick the one I want with a wave of the hand. The band and album name even come up in the centre console just above my mph if I don’t fancy looking at the one screen, I have it on another. There cannot be an easier way of getting full control over my own music choice.

But I appreciate not all cars have that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The car has a large touch screen that shows me a scrolling picture of all the album covers, I can touch the screen, or press ok on the steering wheel. Hell, I’ve even got gesture control, I can spin the wheel of albums with a whoosh of the wrist and pick the one I want with a wave of the hand.

Oh, well. No, my old jalopy has none of that newfangled frippery. But '20 or 30 albums' wouldn't cut it, anyway. I can chose from 2000 physical CDs, or gazillions of Spotify albums (and playlists). 

Edited by mjmooney

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

now do it when you want to change which album you want to listen to...do you never just get a massive swerve and want to listen to something entirely different?

and the first 4 steps are automatic if you've set it up properly

havent had a CD player in my car for about 12 years now

Get a car with  a 5cd changer.  Priorities...

Â