All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

On 02/10/2023 at 15:55, Genie said:

My lad (13) has several times he has absolutely no interest in drinking or getting drunk when he’s older. A lot can change of course but I don’t think getting hammered several times a week is the same path they’ll take as we did.

My lad is nearly 19 and never been drunk  , ditto my daughter approaching 17 …  they seem to have  zero interest in it .. I didn’t / don’t drink around them but don’t think that is a factor , I think it’s just their generation tbh 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

My lad is nearly 19 and never been drunk  , ditto my daughter approaching 17 …  they seem to have  zero interest in it .. I didn’t / don’t drink around them but don’t think that is a factor , I think it’s just their generation tbh 

My lad is 21 and daughter is 18. They go out and get pissed all the time. Daughters boyfriend threw up in an Uber on Saturday night. 

I don't think it's generational. 

That said they don't go clubbing literally every week, twice a week as I did at that age. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My lad is 21 and daughter is 18. They go out and get pissed all the time. Daughters boyfriend threw up in an Uber on Saturday night. 

That said they don't go clubbing literally every week, twice a week as I did at that age. 

I’d be out Tuesday & Thursday on the cheap £1 a drink nights. Then Friday and/or Saturday too.

Places that used to be packed on Friday and Saturday nights in Tamworth at 10/11pm and empty now.

The decline of Tamworth town centre might also be factor here though. 

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think it's more different nowadays though for those that age. It's more a case now of cheap pubs or trendy bars - depends location I guess, but there is definately not the nightclub life compared to that of the 90s and 00s.

Like @Genie says, you can drive round the same places nowadays that would be crammed with clubbers etc falling out onto the streets at the wee hours of the morning to see nowadays they're ghost towns and the nightclubs no longer exist there.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I blame the parents :) 

The boy could be off to Uni next year , be interesting to see if he develops a thing for alcohol then 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Last week my Friday night started early afternoon in the pub , then a gig in London and ended around 3 am in a bar in Woking  doing multiple rounds of shots with a few random stragglers 

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

They obviously read their 'Look and Learn' carefully. 

• Haha 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

They obviously read their 'Look and Learn' carefully. 

Ha , precisely 

tbf that's why I've never drunk around them  .. I may have the occasional beer at a BBQ or something but they won't have seen me drunk and in my full throws of stupidity that come with it , they can experience it for themselves if they want  , but as a parent I just figured the lessons I give my kids shouldn't include how to dance drunk on a table  or climb walls at 2 am  

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The boy could be off to Uni next year , be interesting to see if he develops a thing for alcohol then 

Both of mine have done Uni, one went through 4 years and was sober and diligent all the way through.

The other one… not so much. I’ll just say this, I went to a performance by the second of my offspring to show parental support for their artistic endeavours. If I hadn’t had decent reaction times I’d have been hit in the head by a flying dildo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He's off at Uni now, as is daughter.  Just home for the weekend.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Both of mine have done Uni, one went through 4 years and was sober and diligent all the way through.

The other one… not so much. I’ll just say this, I went to a performance by the second of my offspring to show parental support for their artistic endeavours. If I hadn’t had decent reaction times I’d have been hit in the head by a flying dildo again.

FTFY

• Like 1

The report, published by Berenberg Research, found that Gen Z were drinking 20 percent less per capita than Millennials – who, in turn, drink less than Baby Boomers and Gen Xers did at the same age. While previous generations may have marked the passage into adulthood with binge drinking and hard partying, today’s youngsters are much more temperate, shying away from excessive alcohol consumption and instead prioritising their mental and physical health.

https://www.worldfinance.com/special-reports/is-the-alcohol-industry-drying-up

• Haha 1

Â