What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

First record I put my hands on tonight. I was out on the piss with Jane (yes this particular Jane ) a couple of weeks ago after the Stop the Coup Demo

This song is basically Ian McNabb lamenting the fact she won't shag him. We were all mates back then (still are -most of us). I'm also supposedly in the beach scenes of the video but I've never spotted myself (I was there), filmed on Ainsdale Beach with Kenny the Doormans pride and joy (the car not the beach buggy)

Back then we all hung out in a club called MacMillans and everyone in the beach scene was a regular in the club, just a big gang of us and we went out to the beach one cold Saturday Morning and filmed the beach scenes. Jane is the girl that slaps McNabb across the face

This record more than any takes me back to those mad mad days, it reminds me of the club and all the friends (and enemies) that were made as a result. Any day Wednesday to Saturday, you could go to Macs and there'd be a group of people you just got on with, no plans needed to be made, you'd just turn up and someone would be there

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blandy said:

15 years old. Cripes!

Saw them at one of the early Latitude Festivals. Spent the day drinking and got into a ridiculously petty but very heated argument with my wife, without question the worst argument we have ever had, and it played out in public. I dont know what it was about but without question something tiny and trivial. All evening we were angry at each other, not helped by the utterly shit music we went through to get to Arcade Fire. Then they came on and within 2 songs, the hours of arguing were gone and by the time they finished with Wake Up, it pretty much never happened.

• Like 1

This is first track on my playlist for warmup before my quarter final tonight, lyrics are apt for the occasion!

Yeah, and if I'm ever at the crossroads
And start feeling mixed signals like Morse code
My soul start to grow colder than the North Pole
I try to focus on the hole of where the torch goes
In the tradition of these legendary sports pros
As far as I can see, I've made it to the threshold
Lord knows I've waited for this a lifetime
And I'm an icon when I let my light shine
Shine bright as an example of a champion
Taking the advantage, never copping out or cancelling
Burn like a chariot, learn how to carry it
Maverick, always above and beyond average