What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Halfway through my first listen of WANYK. Its exceptional. Nero Forte may be one of the best songs they have ever made. 

This album is phenomenal from start to finish, even the super experimental tracks by their standards like 'My Pain' are just great to listen to. I adore 'Nero Forte', 'A Liar's Funeral', 'Spiders' and 'Orphan' the most so far, but every track on this album is good.  

• Like 1

On 08/08/2019 at 22:34, bickster said:

A newer one now from a few weeks back. This one's for all you fans of that fab and groovy French Psyche-Pop duo The Liminanas (yep I know that is just me)  and The Brian Jonestown Massacre. The debut 12" by l'Epee which is The Liminanas, Anton Newcombe (of BJM) and Emmanuelle Seigner (of Agent Orange) in a little Psyche-Pop Supergroup

I'm really looking forawrd to their album coming out shortly

Oh yes!

• Like 1

This one has definitely brought back a memory. This is the 16min 40 B-side to the Find Out Why? 12" by the Inspiral Carpets - Plane Crash, recorded live in the studio (its a bit of a wig out)

We were doing a gig at Strathclyde Uni that I'd arranged for the band, we were supporting this lot. We were stopped at one of the service stations in Cumbria on the M6 and Inspirals roll up in their van, we have a bit of chat and that and they bomb off again (headliners soundcheck first obv). So about ten mins later we get back in our van and head up to Glasgow, we're going through Lockerbie and there's the Inspirals all posing around the sign for the Town. (For those unaware, it's where Pan Am 103 was blown up mid air by a terrorist Dec 1988, this is less than a year later)  We get to the gig before them, we're greeted by Mike (my mate) who runs the venue, looking a bit panic stricken "Have you seen the Inspirals on the way up?" Yeah they aren't far behind, they stopped for a Phoito Op in Lockerbie. He's reassured and this song is obviously why they stopped for a photo. That was also the gig I met Noel Gallagher for the first time (Nice bloke) and also the gig where the Inspirals drummer (short and ginger) launched into a flying kick at a fan who they'd invited into the dressing room but had nicked a beer.

The photo they stopped for was on the cover of something or other I forget

7 hours ago, bickster said:

This one has definitely brought back a memory. This is the 16min 40 B-side to the Find Out Why? 12" by the Inspiral Carpets - Plane Crash, recorded live in the studio (its a bit of a wig out)

We were doing a gig at Strathclyde Uni that I'd arranged for the band, we were supporting this lot. We were stopped at one of the service stations in Cumbria on the M6 and Inspirals roll up in their van, we have a bit of chat and that and they bomb off again (headliners soundcheck first obv). So about ten mins later we get back in our van and head up to Glasgow, we're going through Lockerbie and there's the Inspirals all posing around the sign for the Town. (For those unaware, it's where Pan Am 103 was blown up mid air by a terrorist Dec 1988, this is less than a year later)  We get to the gig before them, we're greeted by Mike (my mate) who runs the venue, looking a bit panic stricken "Have you seen the Inspirals on the way up?" Yeah they aren't far behind, they stopped for a Phoito Op in Lockerbie. He's reassured and this song is obviously why they stopped for a photo. That was also the gig I met Noel Gallagher for the first time (Nice bloke) and also the gig where the Inspirals drummer (short and ginger) launched into a flying kick at a fan who they'd invited into the dressing room but had nicked a beer.

The photo they stopped for was on the cover of something or other I forget

Can you say what band you were in? 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Can you say what band you were in? 

I wasn't in the band, I was tour manager / roadie. The band was Benny Profane, the singer was Dave Jackson who I think we've discussed before

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

I wasn't in the band, I was tour manager / roadie. The band was Benny Profane, the singer was Dave Jackson who I think we've discussed before

Ah yes of course. 

Â