What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, that’s tomorrow.

I do like it, but it’s out the same week as BaBa Zula have an album out, plus, I’ve found / been tipped off about something fairly obscure that’s turned up in a stock take clear out (an old Zefur Wolves album) that I don’t have.

So I suspect I won’t know what I’m getting until I’m stood in the shop.

Shurrup, you'll be in Spillers and get the dinked version, I know this! 🤣

I 'll also have the new only announced this week, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds album on my list for the weekend.Thankfully I hardly spent any of my little windfall from last week!

• Like 1

On 24/09/2019 at 04:21, maqroll said:

Dude's voice has gotten better with age. I respect Bryan Adams. Nice tribute to Ric Okasec.

Thanks for this. Bryan is kind of ok sometimes, and the Cars were kind of ok sometimes. I saw them in Sheffield about 81. But this combination, at just this time, it's good. Reminds me of when Amy Macdonal played 'dancing in the dark' at Manchester academy. Lovely moment.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, saturdaygig said:

And what about this? Astounding. I will be seeking out a live performance.

Heh it was watching that last week that got it stuck. Bought their second album back in may after listening to guppy quite a lot when it came out a couple of years back but not sure I ever actually put it on for some reason. Has been in the work rotation quite a bit this week now though. If you're in the uk they are doing 4 shows over here next month but none in the Midlands

10 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Heh it was watching that last week that got it stuck. Bought their second album back in may after listening to guppy quite a lot when it came out a couple of years back but not sure I ever actually put it on for some reason. Has been in the work rotation quite a bit this week now though. If you're in the uk they are doing 4 shows over here next month but none in the Midlands

I'm in Manchester, and they're playing at the excellent Deaf Institute. Couldn't be better.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bickster said:

Shurrup, you'll be in Spillers and get the dinked version, I know this! 🤣

I 'll also have the new only announced this week, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds album on my list for the weekend.Thankfully I hardly spent any of my little windfall from last week!

Classic case of you snooze you looze, gone by the time I wandered in.

Which is fine, it was a three way split anyway, and I've come away with instruction to listen to 'Here Lies Man', 'cos they over ordered that particular Dinked!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Classic case of you snooze you looze, gone by the time I wandered in.

Which is fine, it was a three way split anyway, and I've come away with instruction to listen to 'Here Lies Man', 'cos they over ordered that particular Dinked!

AT least mine's reserved I guess, rather glad I din't travel all the way to Cardiff to get a dinked version as I once planned

On 28/09/2019 at 19:13, sharkyvilla said:

Like a lot of latter Gallagher stuff I really like about half of it.  Gone is quite good

Have to say, first listen through I thought it was awful. 2 or listens to the first half dozen tracks and I’m liking them a lot more. The MTV unplugged was very good

• Like 1

On 28/09/2019 at 19:13, sharkyvilla said:

Like a lot of latter Gallagher stuff I really like about half of it.  Gone is quite good

I can’t tolerate his solo stuff (lyrically more than anything, musically it isn’t that bad - just average), but I watched the unplugged set over the weekend. 

The 3 song run of - Sad Song, Some Might Say and Cast No Shadow was as good as it gets. His voice sounded better than it ever has. Brilliant. 

Â