Christmas '14

maqroll

how's your old man Stevo?

Yeah he's as ok as can be expected I suppose.

He's on maintenance chemo at the moment so he's feeling better than he did before as it's a lighter dose, and the main drug that made him feel really shite has gone.

My main worry is he's turning into a bit of a recluse because of it. But he seems content enough.

Thanks for asking, bud.

• Like 1

I've spent a ridiculous (relatively) amount of money so far. Was busy patting myself on the back for having done all my shopping, running through the list:

Parents - Check

Brother  - Check

Sister-in-law - Check

Nephew - Check

Sister - Check

Brother-in-law - Check

Niece - Check

Nephew - Check

God-daugter - Check

Staff - Check

Girlfriend - Ch........Oh F*** it.

Guess I've still got more shopping to do.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/vibrators/b?ie=UTF8&node=2758398031

How did you find my Amazon wish list? 

Should have known better than to click on that link at work!!  :P

• Like 1

how's your old man Stevo?

Yeah he's as ok as can be expected I suppose.

He's on maintenance chemo at the moment so he's feeling better than he did before as it's a lighter dose, and the main drug that made him feel really shite has gone.

My main worry is he's turning into a bit of a recluse because of it. But he seems content enough.

Thanks for asking, bud.

Glad he's feeling better.

Make sure you and your family have a great Xmas! :)

• Like 1

He did say he was a pescetarian.  So they are a pescetarian option.

Yeah I saw that. Fair do, if you're a veggie for dietary or taste reasons, but I do know veggies who say they object to eating the flesh of an animal, but will still eat fish. I very much have a live and let live attitude, but I just don't get how some people can object to eating meat, but will happily eat fish. Going way off topic now though, so maybe it’s a question to ask on another thread.

I could kill a fish. I couldn't kill a chicken, lamb, cow, pig etc...

Why?

Same here. It's like asking why you could kill a spider and not a bird. Or a flea and not a human. There are boundaries of comfort. I'd struggle with killing a fish personally, they're still slightly too sentient for me. I eat the standard British staple of pork, beef and chicken. I won't eat lamb though, something slightly too barbaric about taking a sheep's children purely because the meat tastes better.

So I should be veggie, otherwise I'm a hypocrite.

Therefore I'm a massive hypocrite.

Sorry for derailing the thread. The whole human boundary thing fascinates me.

• Like 1

It is predicted that the average amount spent per head for Christmas will be £750.

In reference to what? The presents bought for others? The food? Do you include paying for electric and gas in this? Source?

I could kill a fish. I couldn't kill a chicken, lamb, cow, pig etc...

Why?

Same here. It's like asking why you could kill a spider and not a bird. Or a flea and not a human. There are boundaries of comfort. I'd struggle with killing a fish personally, they're still slightly too sentient for me. I eat the standard British staple of pork, beef and chicken. I won't eat lamb though, something slightly too barbaric about taking a sheep's children purely because the meat tastes better.

So I should be veggie, otherwise I'm a hypocrite.

Therefore I'm a massive hypocrite.

Sorry for derailing the thread. The whole human boundary thing fascinates me.

Never thought of it like that. I guess it's human nature to be hypocritical...

Edited by adw95
  • Like 1

It is predicted that the average amount spent per head for Christmas will be £750.

In reference to what? The presents bought for others? The food? Do you include paying for electric and gas in this? Source?

It was in today's Telegraph and is actually £700 (just checked).

It was Ireland who spend £750 per head.

It is said to be spent on what they describe as 'festive goods'.

Mines probably somewhere between £300-350

Large family and it's dinner round mine this year, but me and the missus only spend about £50 on each other

If they are adding in drink at Christmas parties then I'd sail over £750, I've got 4 Christmas parties this year

Including buying the turkey, and a meat hamper, I'm up to about £200 so far. Only got a couple of presents left to get, with a big food and drink shop to come, just before the big day, I'm looking at about £350. Obviously I'll spend a fair bit on nights out over the festive period, but not much more than I would if I had a couple of weeks holiday another time in the year.  

We have worked out we will spend £250 on presents for family. As for food, this is our last Xmas in a pokey flat (before moving to a 2-bed house), so we are eating at her parents, mine, my sisters, our friends. We are saving money :)

Â