Christmas '14

maqroll

it's the only day of the year I get tiddly on champagne whilst cooking turkey and beef and sausages and bacon and roasties 

I cook Christmas lunch, my best investment ever - a giant 7 burner double oven

it's also the only day of the year I'll put bread sauce over asparagus

The cookie factory I used to work in (in the office) once bought a load of rejected mince pies from m&s (any sign of any juice escaping at the top and they were rejected) by hand we cut the top off, piped a bit of cream in and then sold them to bhs as luxury mince pies

We bought more boxes than we could possibly do and had to give them away, think I took 4 boxes home, ended up selling them at my brothers work

Its mother **** Christmas! Starting to get into the festive cheer now. Tree is up, most of the presents are bought, booze is in, just need to get some German biscuit things, snowballs and a small Xmas cake. Then just got to decide whether to go to my mom's for Xmas dinner or do it myself.

Edited by Ingram85

She wouldn't eat a vegetarian Christmas meal. I'll peel the sprouts and parsnips, I'll put the cranberry sauce in a nice little serving pot. I may even serve the wine.

I do have a dream to one day to have a huge family Christmas meal with my future kids, wife and me mom that I prepared and cooked, so maybe one day it will happen.

• Like 1

I'm watching that tonight snowy.

Wainy, its either nut roast, quorn roast or as I'm a pescetarian it'll probably be roast salmon in a maple glaze with orange & lemon.

Edited by Ingram85

She wouldn't eat a vegetarian Christmas meal. I'll peel the sprouts and parsnips, I'll put the cranberry sauce in a nice little serving pot. I may even serve the wine.

I do have a nightmare to one day to have a huge family Christmas meal with my future kids, wife and me mom that I prepared and cooked, so maybe one day it will happen.

Fixed.

Is there such thing as a vegetarian Christmas meal?

yeah I have to do one for the stepdaughter every year; roasts, veggies, honey coated parsnips, mash, yorkshire pud etc. She's not bothered about meat substitute. Might offer a bit of salmon instead though

To change the subject slightly, how is salmon a vegetarian option? Are salmon not animals?

No idea. Some veggies eat fish.

This one is vegetarian because she doesn't like the taste of meat, not for any other reason

Oh dear that sounded rather rude

Â