Christmas '14

maqroll

B4PZyzjIEAAvgzP.jpg

not mine, somebody posted 'em up on twitter earlier and I thought some of ya might appreciate 'em

The Chelmsley Santa would possibly have been my father-in-law. He also used to go round on the Lions Club sledge for years.

Poor old bugger is 91 in three weeks and currently on his death bed in Solihull Marie Curie hospice :(

• Like 1

The Chelmsley Santa would possibly have been my father-in-law. He also used to go round on the Lions Club sledge for years.

My old man is coming around this afternoon and I have to ask him to be a late stand in Santa.

The incentive for me to get him to say yes, is that I'm plan B. I don't think I'll be telling him there's any sort of plan B.

On our second batch of mince pies already.

Had a large, warm mince pie covered in cream in a Cafe Nero a few days ago, it cost the same as a mid terrace house in Coventry, but bloody hell it was nice.

Best packet mince pie so far - Waitrose all butter

On our second batch of mince pies already.

Had a large, warm mince pie covered in cream in a Cafe Nero a few days ago, it cost the same as a mid terrace house in Coventry, but bloody hell it was nice.

Best packet mince pie so far - Waitrose all butter

I'm not going to be snobby about bought mince pies, I happily eat all sorts. But by choice it's my missus' home made ones every time.
  • Like 2

Christmas in this country never feels like it 'should'. We're showered with images of cottages, 6 ft deep snow, a roaring fire and massive vintage looking Christmas trees. What we get is our normal house (just a bit fuller) with grey skies and cold winds, a tacky plastic tree with awful tinsel on! 

I think it's because I like the movies and we never get the image that films portray. However, last year I decided to visit New York for Xmas. It IS like the movies, it is massive, it can snow, I can ice-skate on central park. It's not a Victorian English Xmas but it is much closer to the 'image' the films portray about Xmas in NYC.

So I'm back there this year and fully intend to make it a tradition!

Â