January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Awesome. All these bullshit links are just for the goomba's at our club to save face by claiming that they tried. Maybe they did, but most other clubs who say they will do some business, actually do it. We seem to leave it late and end up with nothing.

I heard we are after Juninho Or was it Benni McCarthy?

Rory Delap

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsHQS  4m4 minutes ago

Sky Sources: Rickie Lambert close to joining Aston Villa after £6m fee agreed with Liverpool for the striker. #SkyDeadlineDay #LFC #AVFC

Which club will pip us to this signing?

Everton will want him now.

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsHQS  4m4 minutes ago

Sky Sources: Rickie Lambert close to joining Aston Villa after £6m fee agreed with Liverpool for the striker. #SkyDeadlineDay #LFC #AVFC

Which club will pip us to this signing?

Everton will want him now.

I'm thinking West Ham if Cole goes to West Brom.

£6m seems a bit much really, surely there are better players abroad for that kind of money.

But if he's been brought in to help keep us up, we need an immediate impact from him- players coming in from abroad could need time to adapt. Just a suggestion

Does make me wonder if something is happening in the summer, maybe Benteke will be moving on, or maybe there is money coming in from somewhere. This potential deal doesn't strike me as something typical of the current Villa.

That's very kind Stefan. I'm not sure it's correct, but it's very kind.

Lump might be a bit unfair I guess, he's been a decent pro all his career, an Anichebe level striker for me, but six years older. I just think it's such a waste of an opportunity - if we have £5m and enough money for £50k a week, there's so much more we could do with it. If he's here for three years, he'll cost as much as two Gil's - he'll be dearer than a couple of Krkic's, more expensive than a Podolski, we could get such a lot more with this sort of money - instead, we're going to wait until the last minute to throw it away on a decent pro right at the end of his career.

5-6M for a player that will turn 33 in two weeks? Who has flopped at Liverpool since joining them for a sum less than this?

Are you kidding me?

Don't think he flopped really,just was signed and never played.

But the fee is crazy.

Does make me wonder if something is happening in the summer, maybe Benteke will be moving on, or maybe there is money coming in from somewhere. This potential deal doesn't strike me as something typical of the current Villa.

It strikes me as the club acknowledging we are in desperate trouble right now.

• Like 3

My Southampton mate really rates him. Puts him just slightly below Le Tissier. 

I have a friend who is also big Saints fan, he rates him very highly too. Gets very frustrated with the lack of game time he gets at Liverpool

• Like 3