Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

What an awful day

Wasn't too bad. Burnley as good as gone now, QPR need to win 50% of their remaining games, and Sunderland still not looking like they're capable of picking up too many more points. Plus, we're playing like a top 6 side at the moment (in that we're very much holding our own against others in that group). We'd need a complete and utter disaster on our part not to stay up... 0 points from the remaining 4 kind of disaster

• Like 3

Doesn't matter how good we play aslong as we don't get anything from games

Course it matters how well we play. We have momentum of performance. The players come away with 0 points knowing they very well would've had 3 but for a bad linesman call. Compare that to any of the defeats under Lambert where we created nothing, never looked dangerous and were playing for a 0-0 at best. A team playing like we are doesn't go 4 games against Everton, West Ham, Southampton and Burnley without picking up at least 3 points

Doesn't matter how good we play aslong as we don't get anything from games

Course it matters how well we play. We have momentum of performance. The players come away with 0 points knowing they very well would've had 3 but for a bad linesman call. Compare that to any of the defeats under Lambert where we created nothing, never looked dangerous and were playing for a 0-0 at best. A team playing like we are doesn't go 4 games against Everton, West Ham, Southampton and Burnley without picking up at least 3 points

But the opposition don't get down hearted because they always know there's a chance of a goal......

Play anything like we have over the last three games, when we have played 3 of the top 6, then we will comfortably get enough points to stay up.

What I would also say though is that we have three of our last four games at home. Anyone not already going then play your part in seeing us safe and get yourselves down to Villa Park and back the players and the manager who are giving their all to see us safe.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

The way we play there is really now way we should go down. We bossed the game against the league champions, deserved to win it and only lost it because of individual errors.

If we can avoid injuries to our key players (the few we have left, that is) we will be just fine.

Edited by WooJung

I wish I could be as confident as some of you. By next Sunday I can easily see Sunderland (saints at home), Hull (liverpool home), Leicester (newcastle home + if Chelsea win arsenal they have title in bag and Leicester can get points from them too) all winning. And Burnley (West ham away) too. And us losing to everton. That would mean:

Hull 34

Leicester 34

Sunderland 33

Villa 32

Burnley

QPR

Then following week it's Hull-Burnley, Leicester-southampton, everton-sunderland. They can all pick up more points again. Just saying it's not that impossible.

Edited by bojong

Of the bottom 6 teams I'd rather be in our position than anyone else's. It's tight but we're playing very well overall and scoring a lot of goals.

I wish I could be as confident as some of you. By next Sunday I can easily see Sunderland (saints at home), Hull (liverpool home), Leicester (newcastle home) all winning. And Burnley (West ham away) too. And us losing to everton. That would mean:

Hull 34
Leicester 34
Sunderland 33
Villa 32
Burnley
QPR

Then following week it's Hull-Burnley, Leicester-southampton, everton-sunderland. They can all pick up more points again. Just saying it's not that impossible.

Such a combination of results is quite unlikely though. If you're that confident about it I'd have a bet - could probably get really good odds on all of those happening.

Edited by Mantis

Could have had a draw today

Can't make mistakes like Guzan did at this level and expect to get things out of games

Lets face it getting anything out of Man City was a bonus they are still a top quality side

I wish I could be as confident as some of you. By next Sunday I can easily see Sunderland (saints at home), Hull (liverpool home), Leicester (newcastle home) all winning. And Burnley (West ham away) too. And us losing to everton. That would mean:

sure 

Of the bottom 6 teams I'd rather be in our position than anyone else's. It's tight but we're playing very well overall and scoring a lot of goals.

Hull 34

Leicester 34

Sunderland 33

Villa 32

Burnley

QPR

Such a combination of results is quite unlikely though. If you're that confident about it I'd have a bet - could probably get really good odds on all of those happening.

C

Hull 34

Leicester 34

Sunderland 33

Villa 32

Burnley

QPR

Completely agree with having points on the board.

However, we are still massively looking over our shoulders and we do need to do the business in our next couple of games.

The pressure is on.

As disappointing as the result was today, if we go down it won't be because of the late goal today, it will be down to the fact we didn't do the business in our last 4 games, 3 of which are at home. On current performances I see no reason why we can't pick up 6 or 7 points as a minimum from the last 4 games

How you can "easily" see all those wins is beyond me. If you reckon there's a chance, stick a ton on it and you'll be a 12,000 quid better off come the end of the week. You won't though, because you don't ACTUALLY believe it'll "easily" happen

if we go down it won't be because of the late goal today, it will be down to the fact we didn't do the business in our last 4 games

no it won't, it'll be because of our first 25 games

• Like 1

I wish I could be as confident as some of you. By next Sunday I can easily see Sunderland (saints at home), Hull (liverpool home), Leicester (newcastle home + if Chelsea win arsenal they have title in bag and Leicester can get points from them too) all winning. And Burnley (West ham away) too. And us losing to everton. That would mean:

Hull 34

Leicester 34

Sunderland 33

Villa 32

Burnley

QPR

I think you are looking at the extreme worst case scenario there - we could easily win our next 2 games considering how well we have been playing.

If we can go into either of the games against West Ham and Everton and put teams to the sword like we've been doing recently and just cut out the disgusting, pathetic, shameful habit of conceding early we should win.