Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Id shudder if Vlaar got injured now - if he and Benteke stay fit pretty sure we will be fine

The Everton game is a blockbuster now - I think we need to win it whilst we still have 2 fit CB'S

Nah West Ham game is the one to win, they're a on the beach team if ever I saw one and lack a goal threat now with Sakho out of the season.

I think it's possible we can get something at Southampton and the really good news is Burnley seem to have run out of steam so they could be relegated when they come here on the final day.

Now compare that to Sunderland who hardly ever score, have just lost 1-4 at home to Palace and finish with Arsenal and Chelsea away....we'd majorly have to mess up to finish below them. And indeed Hull looking at their fixtures.

Just looking at Sunderland's run in....I think it's very feasible they lose their four away games...they go to Stoke on Saturday who just beat Southampton at home despite not playing that well so I see a defeat there, Everton have started to pick up at Goodison so that's another defeat I reckon. As I said above they finish with Arsenal and Chelsea, Arsenal will want to finish 2nd so I see their motivation to win as fine and in fairness Mourinho is usually good at putting out strong 11s even when they have nothing to play for so I don't see any problems with Chelsea winning there.

I'd be generous and give them 4 points from the two home games- draw v Southampton and beating Leicester. Now considering their GD is worse than us and I've got them to lose 4/6 games...in that scenario that would mean we need a single point from our remaining games to finish above Sunderland in the table.

When you analyse it like that we're in a decent position now to stay up reasonably comfortably even if we lose to City.

• Like 1

Have a feeling more people will be in this thread by 7 this evening. I hope it's with a view to closing it rather than because we are back to one point of relegation with other teams having games in hand

QPR: 86.5%

Burnley: 73.6% vv

Hull: 49.5%

Sunderland: 48.9% v

Leicester: 28.6% ^^^

Villa: 12.6%

Newcastle: 0.2%

WBA: 0.1%

QPR: 81.8% v

Leicester: 59.5% ^^

Burnley: 53.6%

Hull: 50.0% vv

Sunderland: 42.0% vv

Villa: 11.0% ^^^

WBA: 2.1%

A Leicester draw is best, but a win for them wouldn't be bad either as puts another nail in burnley's coffin. We can't be greedy and ask for all five teams below us to screw up - can ask for 4 of them though. It's all irrelevant as we'll tonk Citeh leading to Pelligwini's dismissal - same as we made the case for Poyet's sacking and possibly Brendan Rogers (the cabin boy).

The good news is that it is hard to envisage this current Villa team not having a go at Man City, which at least gives us a more positive outlook.

Regardless of today's result, the remaining home games are key for us. Beat West Ham and take anything off Burnley and that alone should see us OK.

Burnley vs Leicester

Stoke vs Sunderland

West Ham vs QPR

Palace vs Hull

Since we have a free shot at City, I think today's games are quite kind for us. 1st game is a huge one

I believe that Qpr are home against West Ham which makes quite a difference. Hopefully West Ham remember how to play football just for this weekend!