Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I still think Leicester will go down. Ok they may have won 3 on the spin but that is polishing a turd of a season. I have seen them 3 times this season and they are a woeful side. Hopefully they can draw with Burnley next week to keep them both in trouble. Everton at home is looking like a most not lose game. I would take a draw right now- Everton have had the better of us in the past few seasons, and Martinez always bloody wins at Villa Park. Even when he was at Wigan and we were a top 6 side.

Using 'math(s)' I have looked at the total points the bottom 5 can get between now and the end of the season. Deducting points that will definitely be dropped when two of them play each other, then deducting points for games against any top 6 teams. I make it that between them, the most points they will pick up (as a group) are about 30. Split that by the 5 teams and that's 6 points more each. This would take third from bottom to 34 points, then the last two on 32 points. Of course the split won't be that even (it looks like Leicester will get the most points) and some teams won't even get another 6 points - but all in all - I would say that math(s) tells us the bottom three will be in the range of 30 - 34 points - almost certain of it.

One more win please!

Now that we've got an fa cup final to look forward to I'm interested in seeing how we perform in our remaining league games. There are 11 starting places up for grabs on may 30th and I'd hope that'll ensure maximum output from everyone who gets on the pitch between now and then, even if/when we're mathematically safe.

It could be a very good run in

Using 'math(s)' I have looked at the total points the bottom 5 can get between now and the end of the season. Deducting points that will definitely be dropped when two of them play each other, then deducting points for games against any top 6 teams. I make it that between them, the most points they will pick up (as a group) are about 30. Split that by the 5 teams and that's 6 points more each. This would take third from bottom to 34 points, then the last two on 32 points. Of course the split won't be that even (it looks like Leicester will get the most points) and some teams won't even get another 6 points - but all in all - I would say that math(s) tells us the bottom three will be in the range of 30 - 34 points - almost certain of it.

One more win please!

Impressive !

My calculation is a little simpler, 35 was enough last season !

Ah I'm terrified. Why do I have a horrible feeling were going down that's only been strengthened by the win yesterday? I'm 100% negative anyway but every time I look at the table I think we are in real trouble! An fa cup final isn't going to help is it?

If you're Sherwood you say "clean slate, if you want to play in the final then you need to earn it over the remaining matches" - anyone not playing to their full potential is told there place isn't safe - from Vlaar to Benteke. (Even if he's bluffing!)

Bit bizarre that. How are we in "real trouble"? We aren't even in the bottom three. We will be OK as has been said above, the Final spots are up for grab everyone will want to perform which could only be good.

I wouldn't go as far as saying 'real trouble' but we're clearly not out of the woods yet. We do need to stay focused for now though and win those home games.

Our defensive injuries are definitely a concern but recently we've played multiple combinations of centrebacks and we've still won games and defended reasonably well. The issue of course will be if Vlaar or Okore go down.....

Apparently Vlaar and Okore are our only fit centre backs for the remainder of the season :|

Our defensive injuries are definitely a concern but recently we've played multiple combinations of centrebacks and we've still won games and defended reasonably well. The issue of course will be if Vlaar or Okore go down.....

Apparently Vlaar and Okore are our only fit centre backs for the remainder of the season :|

Didn't someone say Senderos was back but out of favor?

Didn't someone say Senderos was back but out of favor?

Senderos is fit again, Lowton can also cover CB if needs be (I'd rather he didn't)

I'm still extremely freakin' nervous because I think it's quite possible we could be just three points off 18th (with worse goal difference) after our game against Man City. 

Whilst I'm really pleased with how the side are playing now, that just doesn't leave much room for error and it piles pressure on the remaining games.

On the plus side, I see all our remaining games as ones we can give a damn good go at getting points from. I include City in that because given their current form if we play like we did against Lolerpool we should come back with something.

It's just the lack of remaining games and the potential for unexpected results to completely change the picture down the bottom given how close it all is.

I'm still extremely freakin' nervous because I think it's quite possible we could be just three points off 18th (with worse goal difference) after our game against Man City. 

Whilst I'm really pleased with how the side are playing now, that just doesn't leave much room for error and it piles pressure on the remaining games.

On the plus side, I see all our remaining games as ones we can give a damn good go at getting points from. I include City in that because given their current form if we play like we did against Lolerpool we should come back with something.

It's just the lack of remaining games and the potential for unexpected results to completely change the picture down the bottom given how close it all is.

I wish there weren't any games remaining - and were still 5th bottom !

I wish there weren't any games remaining - and were still 5th bottom !

Ha, yes! Quite.

I meant that things seem to even themselves out over a season with respect to who's playing well and who isn't, but over four or five games freak results and failing to convert chances in one or two games can be huge.