Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Yes I know but he had a similar situation for two months last season and had a good spell from the new year.

The Norwich game was pretty crucial to us staying up in the end and Benteke was unplayable so we need to be starting him in the relegation 6 pointers imo.

Yeah next season will be tricky. If Derby come up I don't see them going back down as they have a good squad and Boro will probably get half the Chelsea team on loan with Karanka there.

can only take 1 player on loan from a Premier League club and 2 overall. Did you not see the Januzaj discussion ;)

Right ill try and put this as best I can. I am worried like most about the situation we find ourselves in, for me though if we get relegated apart from the fact were in the championship Villa will need to rebuild once again it has taken lamber 3 years to try and put his stamp on the club, but if we were to go down all that work will need to be re-done.

In my opinion I can only see Clark,Baker and maybe Hutton stying with the club the likes of Delph Benteke and most certainly Gil they will be off, Relegation does not only mean football in a lower division it also means we go right back to the start I think that is what worries me the most.

I am in the Lambert out camp but it has to be said Gil looks amazing utter class credit to lambert for that, but relegation will mean ASTON VILLA FC will completely lose their identity. For me Swansea qpr burley and stoke are must win failiure to win 3 of them and I think were down.

Edited by villan501

Hull played really well and looked fairly dangerous at City which is cause for concern. If we perform like we normally do we will lose. Didnt realise they'd recruited Fergies right hand man either. Then again Hull cant put back to back performances together like that; they probably wont need to. Squeaky bum time tuesday night, got a bad feeling.

Without over egging it, Tuesday is our biggest game this season. Can't afford to lose it.

We do have some 'winnable' home games now til may- Stoke, Swansea. QPR. Burnley is looking like a final day win and stay up job.

We are 10 points behind Stoke who are spectacularly average, and have  a game in hand. At best we are going to come about 15th again.

How much of this can we put up with?

The problem with mastering what Lambert is trying to teach them is that their footballing brains are so completely hot-wired with hoofball that it's going to take a while and a lot of practice for them to learn and longer to become masters of it. It is a bit risky trying to break it out mid-season though, I guess it's sink or swim time.

I liked a previous post similar to this as I thought it was a great wind up, which nearly caught a few.

But I think you're actually serious.

I was really happy about that like, I know you don't like Lambert as a Manager but I thought you could see a lot of sense in what I was saying.

And yes I'm serious, I'm a bit bemused that you think it's wind up, to be honest.

I'm just amazed that you think Lambert is trying to teach them something and they can't grasp it.

What great ideas does he have that makes you think once the players grasp it we'll be good?

The problem with mastering what Lambert is trying to teach them is that their footballing brains are so completely hot-wired with hoofball that it's going to take a while and a lot of practice for them to learn and longer to become masters of it. It is a bit risky trying to break it out mid-season though, I guess it's sink or swim time.

I liked a previous post similar to this as I thought it was a great wind up, which nearly caught a few.

I was really happy about that like, I know you don't like Lambert as a Manager but I thought you could see a lot of sense in what I was saying.

And yes I'm serious, I'm a bit bemused that you think it's wind up, to be honest.

I'm just amazed that you think Lambert is trying to teach them something and they can't grasp it.

What great ideas does he have that makes you think once the players grasp it we'll be good?

He's just trying to teach them how to be a better footballing side, in terms of passing and movement and not being scared of the ball. You can't try that and expect them to just suddenly be masters at it,they have to learn and will make mistakes along the way. That's why when I think of Lambert I think of him in terms of when he first introduced his new methods, 'the second coming of Lambert' if you like. It's my dream that like Lambert visited Bayern Munich to watch them train, one day Europe's up and coming young managers will come to Bodymoor Heath to watch Lambert and Villa train.

I think it is turning less and less likely that we will be relegated. QPR has lost 2 of their best players. Burnley has 8 matches of pure hell and will not likely win a single match from here to the end. And these aren't even the teams sitting at the very bottom of the table. 

Even if we have a hard time against Hull it's seeming like getting relegated is going to be hard this season. No thanks to our own shitty play but thanks to how poorly other teams are doing. 

He's just trying to teach them how to be a better footballing side, in terms of passing and movement and not being scared of the ball. You can't try that and expect them to just suddenly be masters at it,they have to learn and will make mistakes along the way. That's why when I think of Lambert I think of him in terms of when he first introduced his new methods, 'the second coming of Lambert' if you like. It's my dream that like Lambert visited Bayern Munich to watch them train, one day Europe's up and coming young managers will come to Bodymoor Heath to watch Lambert and Villa train.

Now that is genuinely funny. Thanks for brightening the gloom of another Saturday evening spent contemplating Villa's sad decline.

• Like 1

Very afraid. Today we seemed to play better because Chelsea was terrible and played on our level. If we lose to Hull we'll go down.

Maybe you should credit us for our performance

I know Robbie, I'm just getting desperate.

You little wind up you, taking advantage of us coming in late last night after a drink. I nearly fell for it, been on the Vodka hadn't I. :D

we will probably stay up because there is probably three worse teams than us but we really are a pile of shit. yes yesterday was better but the fact is we still lost and the next game against hull is crucial as they gained a point on us yesterday. carry on like this though and within two years we will be relegated.

• Like 1