Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I think the problem with mastering what lambert is teaching them I sthat no one has a clue what it is he is teaching. It seems to change on regular basis! Chelsea today will play a 4231 system which they play in every game only thing that changes is the player and their role. We change everything all the time. Pick a system and stick to it. For me 433 with a proper DM and change the middle 3 to an attacking one or more defensive one depending on opposition. At least that way you can work on ways to attack in training and people will now their jobs. The 2nd half of Lamberts first season we played some cracking stuff and it was a joy to watch and we stuck to 433 with very few changes.

The problem with mastering what Lambert is trying to teach them is that their footballing brains are so completely hot-wired with hoofball that it's going to take a while and a lot of practice for them to learn and longer to become masters of it. It is a bit risky trying to break it out mid-season though, I guess it's sink or swim time.

To me Leicester have gone. Even with 5 more wins this season they're only on 32 points.

I can't see QPR doing anything either, they're only on 19 and have just 6 home games left now and they're against West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton which I wouldn't suggest is a winnable set of games.

Whisper it quietly but a West Brom win would do us the world of good as that's a very winnable game for Burnley and they have quite a tough sequence of games after tomorrow.

Edited by VillaChris

I expect Burnley to pick up a point here and there from those games

They can score goals which always gives you a chance

A point here and there isn't going to get them to 35-36 points very quickly though is it?

As bad as we are we aren't going to be losing every single game between now and the end of the season, we will eventually start picking up points although they need to be wins rather than draws.

The problem with mastering what Lambert is trying to teach them is that their footballing brains are so completely hot-wired with hoofball that it's going to take a while and a lot of practice for them to learn and longer to become masters of it. It is a bit risky trying to break it out mid-season though, I guess it's sink or swim time.

I liked a previous post similar to this as I thought it was a great wind up, which nearly caught a few.

But I think you're actually serious.

On the other side of things, once Hull get us and Chelsea out the way, they have a run of games where they might expect to get a few points. All three points today would be a big help.

Hull will stay up, great result for them even though it probably felt like a defeat. I'd sign up for a point at City all day long.

We need to be better than the promoted trio, that's the crux of it.

2 wins in 20 games & still outside the bottom 3.

As with our terrible form at various points in the last two seasons, it really does show you how difficult and terrible you have to be to get relegated over the full season. My goodness we've had a good crack at it.

What I dread and fear if Lambert is still in charge is one of those mad seasons when teams need 40 + points to stay up. Like we had the Houllier year and also in  the Taylor second era.

We wouldn't have a prayer if Lambert was still in charge.

We needs one of our forwards to hit a purple patch - I really don't see who that is going to be...

Someone who's scored 31 premier league goals since September 2012 perhaps?

But how many since October 2014 ?   

TBH - I don't mind who it is - from what I am seeing at the moment I reckon our top scorer between now and season end - in order of probability:-

Weiman

Gabby

Benteke

Yes I know but he had a similar situation for two months last season and had a good spell from the new year.

The Norwich game was pretty crucial to us staying up in the end and Benteke was unplayable so we need to be starting him in the relegation 6 pointers imo.

I liked a previous post similar to this as I thought it was a great wind up, which nearly caught a few.

But I think you're actually serious.

I was really happy about that like, I know you don't like Lambert as a Manager but I thought you could see a lot of sense in what I was saying. 

And yes I'm serious, I'm a bit bemused that you think it's wind up, to be honest.

Yes I know but he had a similar situation for two months last season and had a good spell from the new year.

The Norwich game was pretty crucial to us staying up in the end and Benteke was unplayable so we need to be starting him in the relegation 6 pointers imo.

Yeah next season will be tricky. If Derby come up I don't see them going back down as they have a good squad and Boro will probably get half the Chelsea team on loan with Karanka there.

Fortunately for us, the three teams that came up are all terrible and we might be lucky again.

God help us when a decent team or two get promoted up into the league.

Next season could be it

Derby and Bournemouth look a class above what's previously come up