Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

19 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Gypsies ? 

I believe the correct term is travelling community.

I can tell when they’ve landed near us. I'll go to my normal 24 hour garage and have to go to the night pay window when they always let me in.

I ask one question. “On your own tonight?”

If the answer is no, they're in town.

pisses me off too because a large latte won’t fit in the hatch

Gypsies I’ve got no problem with, genuine travellers going about their way just living a roaming life are fine. I feel sorry for them that they have to share their ‘image’ alongside the the thieving, fighting, aggressive, thick as shit pikey scum that I can’t stand who go about trashing places and leaving a trail of trash, crimes and mess behind them. Lock the inbred word removed’s up and **** them off. The men, women and kids all need drowning and eradicating. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Gypsies I’ve got no problem with, genuine travellers going about their way just living a roaming life are fine. I feel sorry for them that they have to share their ‘image’ alongside the the thieving, fighting, aggressive, thick as shit pikey scum that I can’t stand who go about trashing places and leaving a trail of trash, crimes and mess behind them. Lock the inbred word removed’s up and **** them off. The men, women and kids all need drowning and eradicating. 

EEB37404-7DCB-4A0B-B67E-46B1678DAE1D.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

The men, women and kids all need drowning and eradicating. 

I'm sure someone had a similar idea with gypsies in 1939 :detect:

Seriously though, they don't help themselves by smashing their way on to playing fields/nature reserves/schools,  intimidating locals, committing crime and leaving the place in an absolute state. Councils and Police seem powerless (as usual)

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm sure someone had a similar idea with gypsies in 1939 :detect:

Seriously though, they don't help themselves by smashing their way on to playing fields/nature reserves/schools,  intimidating locals, committing crime and leaving the place in an absolute state. Councils and Police seem powerless (as usual)

Those people you described aren’t gypsies. They’re criminal pikey scum.

Edited by Ingram85

How Rod Liddle can sleep at night with his trail of literary detritus floating behind him.  That and how anyone can pay him to write it, and further how anyone can read it and not think he's a gaping chasm.

I have spent the morning trying to draw a cartoon of a black person without it being racist. It’s bloody difficult. Especially the lips. Make them too big and anti-racist people will accuse you of being a white supremacist peddling, in their words, the old ‘sambo’ myth. But too small and they don’t look like the lips of very many black people. It’s the same with the colour. At first, on my cartoon, I used a black felt-tip pen and so the figure came out very black indeed. Sambo territory again, especially when I added big red lips and very white teeth. In the end I used cross-hatching with a pencil but this was, to my mind, unsatisfactory.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/09/is-it-possible-to-draw-serena-williams-without-being-racist/

I can imagine the sort of person reading this shit on a Sunday, guffawing away to themselves from the armchair before turning the radio down and parping the article across the room to their long suffering wife.

The sort of person who thinks Top Gear was still funny and Clarkson was wrongly fired by the liberal leftie BBC.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

"Anti-racist people" ? I think "people" would do. You only need to specify if someone is a racist. The default is not. 

I've not heard the phrase before, but I'd have thought "anti-racist" is an activist against racism, rather than simply "not a racist"

The other half used to visit a gypsy patriarch to change dressings on a wound.

She'd ring ahead to the site. On arrival she'd be met by a resident and guided to a parking space. The car was watched for the duration.

The neighbourhood youth knew a healthcare professional's car might contain painkillers.

The respectable and the feral are squeezed together on those sites, they're not so seperated by town planning and economic circumstance.

The family were kind and grateful. We got an amazing waist high kitsch cyber Christmas tree of shifting colours :D

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

People always seem to sing about a gypsy , too. Need to find my best gypsy outfit, then try and find my favourite gypsy song. Probably Fleetwood Mac. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, limpid said:

I've not heard the phrase before, but I'd have thought "anti-racist" is an activist against racism, rather than simply "not a racist"

I was quoting Rob's article immediately above. Seems the journo is fairly notorious. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I was quoting Rob's article immediately above. Seems the journo is fairly notorious. 

4 hours ago, BOF said:

He certainly should be (I'm not sure that he actually is). Back in 2010, he was caught on Millwall's forum (as 'monkeymfc') posting some real garbage. I've removed the direct post here as it may violate this forum's guidelines, but you can read the story of his racist output in the thread beginning here:

etc etc. He's abysmal, and the Spectator is a sewer. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/09/2018 at 14:44, NurembergVillan said:

I can imagine the sort of person reading this shit on a Sunday, guffawing away to themselves from the armchair before turning the radio down and parping the article across the room to their long suffering wife.

imagination is a funny old thing isn't it ....I tend to imagine the Swedish tanning team dancing around my living room in loose fitting bikini's , but each to their own

• Haha 2

Â