Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

It's on at 2:45-4:45 in the morning here in Hanoi. I got myself out of bed in the middle of the night to watch the QPR game, and I shan't be repeating the experience. Maybe that's a good sign - the game we beat them 3-2 last year was one of the few I missed. It's not going to happen though, is it?

The scary thing is we'll be starting with a weaker team than Sunderland went to there place with. Obviously we won't see a repeat of that scoreline, but I think we'll be easily hammered. I'm going with 4-0 to them, but the only thing I really feel confident about is the 'Villa NIL' part of that score. 

Lambert has had two weeks to think about it and change something / do something different from the usual crap that his team produces.

Let's see what he can come up with.

(expectation is the usual failed players and failed tactics in the "We go again" formation!)

am i the 1st to say he's had 2 and half years...

• Like 1

0-2 I fear.  A comfortable win for Southampton. I'd love to be wrong but they have the best defence in the league and we couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. 

Cannot see anything but a loss and taht is really gettin me down.

I don’t remember ever having so little belief in our club. I try to see positives, but I cannot dismiss our recent form and the fact that we seem to be unable to arrest the decline.

My only hope is that PL might try something new. If he doesn’t then what is the f**kin point.

Lambert has had two weeks to think about it and change something / do something different from the usual crap that his team produces.

Let's see what he can come up with.

(expectation is the usual failed players and failed tactics in the "We go again" formation!)

am i the 1st to say he's had 2 and half years...

Was being kind to him :)

Our best hope is that Southampton are complacent and we catch them on the hop. Gotta star winning sometime?

Our best hope is for David Cameron and Prince William to appear on the pitch before the game to announce a new law that any football club which isn't Aston Villa is automatically breaking the law by fielding more than 5 players, punishable by death to the CEO. It'd be touch and go though.

And I'm normally quite optimistic.

Cannot see anything but a loss and taht is really gettin me down.

I don’t remember ever having so little belief in our club. I try to see positives, but I cannot dismiss our recent form and the fact that we seem to be unable to arrest the decline.

My only hope is that PL might try something new. If he doesn’t then what is the f**kin point.

There is nothing new which he can try.