Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Hutton fit, vlaar senderos & baker all out. With that id go

-------------guzan------------

------Hutton okore Clark------

Lowton------------------cissoko

---cleverly Sanchez Westwood----

-------weimann agbonlahor---

If playing with wingbacks I'd use Richardson over Cissokho. Cissokho gets forward but has no end product. His defending is better but less critical with 3 at the back. With that said, I think 4 at the back is still the way to go.

Southampton have also got a bit of an injury crisis for this one, they're down to the bares bones.

A two nil win for them is my prediction.

opposition players always return against us. They will be fine.

10) Hardly an acid test for high-flying Southampton

Even Albert Hofmann would have struggled to envisage a home win here. Southampton are solid and slick and have the best defence in the league, while Aston Villa have not scored in six of their last seven league matches and for this match they will be deprived of their best striker, Christian Benteke, as well as their best midfielder, Fabian Delph still being out, and possibly their best defenders, with Ron Vlaar, Philippe Senderos and Alan Hutton all doubts. So if you are partial to some boos on a work night, head to Villa Park around closing time on Monday. PD

The Guardian. They're right. All we can hope for is a fired-up Villa and a complacent Southampton :(

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/21/premier-league-10-things-look-out-for-weekend

Hutton fit, vlaar senderos & baker all out. With that id go

-------------guzan------------

------Hutton okore Clark------

Lowton------------------cissoko

---cleverly Sanchez Westwood----

-------weimann agbonlahor---

That team makes me wanna throw shit at the wedding photos!.. 

• Like 3

Lawro has us down to win this one......hmmmm

The thing is, we can do it. If we take our chances and the back 4 concentrates 100% for 90 minutes then we're more than capable, but that's exactly what we struggle to do. Too many times do our defenders get caught ball watching and lose their man (the amount of times I've seen Clark do that is ridiculous, so I hope he proves us wrong on Monday). It'll be interesting if Okore gets a start. He'll certainly have his work cut out, and there'll be a lot of pressure on him to perform after being out for so long with such a bad injury, but he'll have to start somewhere. Without Benteke, it's difficult to see where the goals will come from, which is why we really need to start making the most of any chances or half chances that we get.