Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Guzan

Hutton senderos vlaar cissoko

Lowton Sanchez Westwood nzogbia

Bent agbonlahor

I'd like to see us just go back to a 4-4-2 with some crosses going into the box, bent and gabby can only finish, we can't build through the middle and they've both done well in the past when crosses come in.

Are 3 of that back 4 not ruled out?

I was under the impression Senderos and Hutton would be fit

Guzan

Hutton senderos vlaar cissoko

Lowton Sanchez Westwood nzogbia

Bent agbonlahor

I'd like to see us just go back to a 4-4-2 with some crosses going into the box, bent and gabby can only finish, we can't build through the middle and they've both done well in the past when crosses come in.

Are 3 of that back 4 not ruled out?

I was under the impression Senderos and Hutton would be fit

It would be a fantastic welcome bonus if true... Now there's something i thought i would never say.

Guzan

Hutton - Okore - Clark

Lowton - Westwood - Cleverly - Sanchez - Richardson

Weimann -- Gabby

-----------

I expect us to jettison any creativity for the need to try and keep the score down. It won't work either way.

If Hutton isn't fit, then maybe Lowton will play CB and Bacuna will be brought in to devastating effect!

Edited by VillanousOne

Currently trending on the internetz:

brum21_zpsb638d8c9.jpg

The club is refusing to hold a 1 min silence before the game, so this is the fans' response.

Just another thing for fans to beat the club with. It's never been a problem for years before but because they're not happy with how things are going they will make out villa just don't care. There's never been a minute silence and it was how many years ago? Please....

Currently trending on the internetz:

brum21_zpsb638d8c9.jpg

The club is refusing to hold a 1 min silence before the game, so this is the fans' response.

Just another thing for fans to beat the club with. It's never been a problem for years before but because they're not happy with how things are going they will make out villa just don't care. There's never been a minute silence and it was how many years ago? Please....

It is the 40th anniversary though, and still nothing's been done for them, or the victims, so can't blame them for cranking up the pressure. The more attention it gets the better, and for the club to say no is just pathetic.

It's good thesee people campaigning for justice, and having a backbone, and not lying down.

An applause in the 21st minute would help, in absence of the silence, something to bring attention to thecampaign; which always helps.

Stevo

the 21 relates to the 21 lives lost in the Brum bombings.

Edited by djamfisher

• Aston Villa have failed to score in six of their last seven Barclays Premier League matches and netted just once in the other game in that run.
  • This is Southampton's best ever start to a top flight season, surpassing last season's 22 points at this stage.
  • Southampton are the only team in the Premier League who have dropped no points from matches where they have been leading this season, winning all eight.
  • In contrast, Aston Villa are one of two teams going into this matchday yet to recover any points after falling behind.
  • Four of the five goals Villa have scored in the Premier League this term have been netted in the first half and they have not netted after the 50th minute at all.
  • Southampton have allowed fewer shots on target against them than any other team in the top flight this season (24).
  • Southampton have scored the joint-most goals from substitutes this season (5 along with Newcastle).
  • Saints have kept five clean sheets in their last eight Premier League visits to Villa Park.
  • Aston Villa have fired in the fewest shots on target in the Premier League this season (23).
  • Villa have scored with just 7% and hit the target with just 30% of their shots this season, both divisional lows.

• Aston Villa have failed to score in six of their last seven Barclays Premier League matches and netted just once in the other game in that run.
  • This is Southampton's best ever start to a top flight season, surpassing last season's 22 points at this stage.
  • Southampton are the only team in the Premier League who have dropped no points from matches where they have been leading this season, winning all eight.
  • In contrast, Aston Villa are one of two teams going into this matchday yet to recover any points after falling behind.
  • Four of the five goals Villa have scored in the Premier League this term have been netted in the first half and they have not netted after the 50th minute at all.
  • Southampton have allowed fewer shots on target against them than any other team in the top flight this season (24).
  • Southampton have scored the joint-most goals from substitutes this season (5 along with Newcastle).
  • Saints have kept five clean sheets in their last eight Premier League visits to Villa Park.
  • Aston Villa have fired in the fewest shots on target in the Premier League this season (23).
  • Villa have scored with just 7% and hit the target with just 30% of their shots this season, both divisional lows.

And there was me worried...

• Like 1

Hutton fit, vlaar senderos & baker all out. With that id go

-------------guzan------------

------Hutton okore Clark------

Lowton------------------cissoko

---cleverly Sanchez Westwood----

-------weimann agbonlahor---

• Like 1

Hutton fit, vlaar senderos & baker all out. With that id go

-------------guzan------------

------Hutton okore Clark------

Lowton------------------cissoko

---cleverly Sanchez Westwood----

-------weimann agbonlahor---

With that I'd go down the pub and try to avoid watching the slaughter.

Edited by briny_ear