Paul Lambert

limpid

If Randy is still here I think Lambet will be too.

Yep. No chance of him going.

Either Lerner backs him and he stays or Lerner keeps him as he's happy to survive on the cheap.

The only way he goes is following a takeover or if lambert isn't backed and he walks to protect what's left of his reputation.

To be honest if he fails to beat last seasons points tally I think its a joke for him to keep his job. If he fails to beat Mcleish's points total then its even worse.

100% no chance of Lerner sacking him.

Edited by Big_John_10

So Villa were a disorganised shambles when we beat Jose Mourinho's Chelsea 1-0 at Villa Park recently?

No. I think not.

That same alleged shambles deservedly turned Arsenal over on the opening day of the season too & Man city at home with their backs against the wall.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Where you been for the other 30 odd games?

Villa have been a shambles for most of the season and all this nonsense with coaches etc is further proof that the club is a shambles! I've watched Villa 40 years mate and I can tell you it's a shambles. So don't give me the whole, "It's not paulie's fault nonsense". He's called a manager for a reason.

Paulie's fault??

Have you been watching Goodfella's?

The team, the manager & The Club have been severely handicapped by constant injury to our key players & at vital times throughout the season.

Had we won the last 4 games nobody would be bleating on about Karsa & Culverhouse.

Too many fans are OTT in their judgements without being privy to facts.

The facts as far as I am concerned speak for themselves.

ie - injuries to key players thwarting the development of Lambert's plans as in Okore, Benteke, Kozak, Nzogbia & Vlaar at various points throughout the whole season.

Any other team in tghe Premier League would struggle in the same circumstances.

ie where would Liverpool be without their key players Gerrard, Suarez, Sturridge etc etc for long periods of the season.

Also, Suarez is Liverpools best player by a country mile in the same way that Benteke is ours.

Too many fans are OTT in their judgements without being privvy to facts! Do me a favour.

The facts are staring everyone in the face. A few facts spring to mind straight away:

1. The boring style of football on display in nearly every game played home and away.

2. Losing 10 league games at home.

3. Failing to score in 13 league games out of 33.

Trying to find excuses is really lame and just covers up the shortcomings.

Number 1 is an opinion and not a fact.

So Villa were a disorganised shambles when we beat Jose Mourinho's Chelsea 1-0 at Villa Park recently?

No. I think not.

That same alleged shambles deservedly turned Arsenal over on the opening day of the season too & Man city at home with their backs against the wall.

Villa have been a shambles for most of the season and all this nonsense with coaches etc is further proof that the club is a shambles! I've watched Villa 40 years mate and I can tell you it's a shambles. So don't give me the whole, "It's not paulie's fault nonsense". He's called a manager for a reason.

Paulie's fault??

The team, the manager & The Club have been severely handicapped by constant injury to our key players & at vital times throughout the season.

Had we won the last 4 games nobody would be bleating on about Karsa & Culverhouse.

ie - injuries to key players thwarting the development of Lambert's plans as in Okore, Benteke, Kozak, Nzogbia & Vlaar at various points throughout the whole season.

ie where would Liverpool be without their key players Gerrard, Suarez, Sturridge etc etc for long periods of the season.

Also, Suarez is Liverpools best player by a country mile in the same way that Benteke is ours.

Have'nt seen goodfellas for a long time however I do see many of your posts constantly backing Paulie up with any excuse you can find. It's never his fault! It's always the fans, randy, the players but never paulie the teflon don!!

Also you want to talk about facts? Facts are Villa have shown absolutely no progress this season even with additions to the playing staff. Players have gone backwards, the football is shit, on top of that we get this nonsense with IC and GK. And look at the table and you will see facts.

Every manager has injuries, suspensions, some have shitter squads or less money either way a good manager will get the best out of the resources at their disposal. Lambert hasn't.

Don't even compare Liverpool with Villa- Liverpool didn't have Suarez at the beginning of the season and managed just fine also Lambert is not Brendan Rogers.

No. I think not.

Paulie's fault??

Too many fans are OTT in their judgements without being privvy to facts! Do me a favour.

The facts are staring everyone in the face. A few facts spring to mind straight away:

1. The boring style of football on display in nearly every game played home and away.

Unless someone is prepared to provide hard evidence to the contrary then it is a fact.

Over to you.

I think it depends on the exact nature of Karsa and Culverhouse's crimes if Randy deems that it's something that has affected Lambert's ability to do the best possible job then he might give him another go next season under fairer circumstances.

Edited by useless

Was about to argue that us playing boring football is a fact but then I remembered every now and then I see a guy at my local train station taking photos of the trains and jotting down their numbers in his little notepad, so each to there own I guess.

• Like 1

No. I think not.

Paulie's fault??

Unless someone is prepared to provide hard evidence to the contrary then it is a fact.

Over to you.

Interesting world view.

It is a fact imperceptible microbes in a human's blood stream give said human Jedi powers.

Over to you.

• Like 3

No. I think not.

Paulie's fault??

Over to you.

Something that can't be proven is not a fact, and boring football is something that can't be proven. It is someones opinions that the football is boring.

• Like 1

I didn't want lambert at the Villa and was in the crowd at Norwich when the fan's sung he's name which I found a little bit desperate to be honest. However no one I know has wanted him to fail. If anything he has been given on the whole a pretty easy ride by the fans and a lot of support. The thing is though it's getting to that point(if you haven't already) when you have to start asking some serious questions about what the fuk is going on?!

As the manager of the coaching and playing staff, ultimately the buck stops with Lambert. Fair enough he's had injuries etc, but the general piss poor performances have now tipped the scale straight over to negative for most of us. And if your manager isn't responsible then why have one in the first place.

No. I think not.

Paulie's fault??

Over to you.

Interesting world view.

It is a fact imperceptible microbes in a human's blood stream give said human Jedi powers.

Over to you.

They do.

No. I think not.

Paulie's fault??

Over to you.

Something that can't be proven is not a fact, and boring football is something that can't be proven. It is someones opinions that the football is boring.

How many people are required to prove it? Let's have a poll.  :D

No. I think not.

Paulie's fault??

The facts are we haven't won enough games - even with a full squad to choose from. Im not baiting for him to go - because I fear what follows - but Ultimately its a results business - and the results haven't been good enough.

Exactly - I am prepared to accept that the IC and GK were divisive influences on the squad and that has not helped our recent performances but the ball now is very firmly in Lambert's court to produce the necessary in the remaining games to secure our premiership status.

I have to say I remain completely unconvinced that Lambert is good enough to manage in the PL not least because I just cannot see all the problems being the fault of IC and GK. Did he really leave all the coaching and tactics to them? The bizarre formations? The crazy substitutions?

Either way we are about to find out

• Like 2

Practically every body on VT lives in a blame culture.

There's always someone at fault.

Crystal Palace have just turned Everton over in their own back yard.

Will the natives at Goodison be getting restless & nailing Martinez's balls to the Glady's Street End goal posts now?

Palace have momentum, they had it by winning 2 games before they beat us. Now they have kicked ass at Everton.

Please stop looking to blame Lambert every time we have a set back.

We go again?

Okay then, if we don't go again, what the ****  do we do then, lie down & die?

Lambert is right, we do go again, what other choice is there?

So all of you scape goat hunters here on VT, bow your head's with shame in criticising him for this, stop blaming Lambert, stop blaming Randy, stop blaming Faulkner & stop living in a blame culture.

Stop, stop, stop.

Instead, do what fans are supposed to do & get behind the Manager, the team & the whole beautiful club.

Stop moaning. Stop griping, stop being misery arses & support , support , support.

If you need any help regularly practice the following song  for Saturday:

Paul Lambert's Claret & Blue Army.

ps- No nailing anyone's balls to any goal posts unless their name is Lee Clarke :P

• Like 4

Will the natives at Goodison be getting restless & nailing Martinez's balls to the Glady's Street End goal posts now?

Palace have momentum, they had it by winning 2 games before they beat us. Now they have kicked ass at Everton.

We go again?

So all of you scape goat hunters here on VT, bow your head's with shame in criticising him for this, stop blaming Lambert, stop blaming Randy, stop blaming Faulkner & stop living in a blame culture.

Stop, stop, stop.

Instead, do what fans are supposed to do & get behind the Manager, the team & the whole beautiful club.

Stop moaning. Stop griping, stop being misery arses & support , support , support.

ps- No nailing anyone's balls to any goal posts unless their name is Lee Clarke :P

TAKE. A. BOW. SON.  :D

• Like 1

We go again?

Stop, stop, stop.

TAKE. A. BOW. SON.  :D

Which just goes to prove that there are some absolute GENTLEMEN here on VT ;)

• Like 1

Â