Paul Lambert

limpid

We're now at the end of that backing phase you speak of due to the fans and board sticking by him through some awful results and performances.

He now needs to produce and bloody quick before things get any worse.

Despite all the shenanigans at VP this week I think we will be safe with the bottom of the final table looking something like this:

14th - Villa - 37 pts

15th - Swansea - 36 pts

16th - West Brom - 36 pts 

17th - Fulham - 35 pts          

18th - Norwich - 33 pts

19th - Sunderland - 32 pts

20th - Cardiff - 31 pts

This "suspension" of his coaches seems like a desperate attempt to make a change to motivate the players. But it probably should have happened months ago. Culverhouse is clearly a divisive figure, and not worthy of his position at this great club. 

Lambert is culpable in this, and the only reason he hasn't been sacked is because it would have made Faukner and Lerner look even worse.

The club is a TOTAL shambles right now.

It's all up to the players at this point. Lambert can only get in the way. 

• Like 2

This "suspension" of his coaches seems like a desperate attempt to make a change to motivate the players. But it probably should have happened months ago. Culverhouse is clearly a divisive figure, and not worthy of his position at this great club. 

Lambert is culpable in this, and the only reason he hasn't been sacked is because it would have made Faukner and Lerner look even worse.

The club is a TOTAL shambles right now.

It's all up to the players at this point. Lambert can only get in the way. 

I totally agree with this. Villa have been a disorganised shambles all season, bar a couple of games. It does appear somewhat that this crazy situation with IC and GK could be the clubs best solution to an ever deteriorating season, and in turn get the fans backing the manager. Getting rid of Lambert now would have been an admittance of getting it wrong again managerially-at the worst possible time. Instead you get the whole "it's their fault scenario, but we've now sorted it". In turn Lambert get's a little more time and a bit more sympathy from the most important people of all - US. . No doubt IC and GK have upset people and deserve to get shipped out but are they really to blame for this seasons debacle?  It's all psychological manipulation and propaganda if you ask me

I'm not saying the above is completely true however it will deflect some of the criticism from Lambert and Faulkners door in some quarters - At least temporarily.

The bottom line is though, Lambert is not the right manager for Villa! He hasn't managed the players very well, on or off the pitch and not only that but it's come to light that he can't manage his own hired help! Whichever way you spin it, he can't manage. Hence Sid and Shay, our very own SAS.

• Like 3

So Villa were a disorganised shambles when we beat Jose Mourinho's Chelsea 1-0 at Villa Park recently?

No. I think not.

That same alleged shambles deservedly turned Arsenal over on the opening day of the season too & Man city at home with their backs against the wall.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

In my view, Lambert has until the end of the season to show us that he deserves the job for another season or two. If we continue with the dull, tedious football, then I think he should go.

For what it's worth, I think we'll see a different team in the remaining games. Although, that is more hope than expectation.

• Like 3

So Villa were a disorganised shambles when we beat Jose Mourinho's Chelsea 1-0 at Villa Park recently?

No. I think not.

That same alleged shambles deservedly turned Arsenal over on the opening day of the season too & Man city at home with their backs against the wall.

Where you been for the other 30 odd games?

Villa have been a shambles for most of the season and all this nonsense with coaches etc is further proof that the club is a shambles! I've watched Villa 40 years mate and I can tell you it's a shambles. So don't give me the whole, "It's not paulie's fault nonsense". He's called a manager for a reason.

Sorry but Lambert cant get away scott free. This team has been poor for nearly 3 quarters of the season. Lambert is the boss the big don. If he was'nt happy with culverknobber or Karsa he should have made the decision himself. He is well within his rights to freeze the coaches out the team. If he didn't have the bottle to do this, maybe its also why he wanted the big earners/ego's out of the club, blatently because he cannot manage high profile players.  Don't get me wrong I was in the Lambert out camp, but im willing to give him to the end of the season to turn things around. It's just all a bit worrying and makes me think his managing skills are a little weak........

No. I think not.

It hardly lies somewhere in the middle. Anyone who witnessed the Man City game knows that we pulled one out of the hat there.

A team that has failed (at home) to beat the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Swansea, West Ham, Stoke and Fulham (losing 5 of them) and going out of the cup to a league one side have been a disorganised shambles for most of the season.

No. I think not.

Just conveniently ignored the fact he said bar a couple of games?

A few exceptions don't change the fact that, on the whole, we have been shambolic pretty much all season; no distinctive play style, defensively suspect and largely toothless.

Over the last 19 games (half a season) we've got 15 points. To average less than a point a game for half a season is a pretty shambolic return.

That period includes our impressive results and performances against Liverpool, chelsea, west brom and Norwich.

Edited by Big_John_10

No. I think not.

Villa have been a shambles for most of the season and all this nonsense with coaches etc is further proof that the club is a shambles! I've watched Villa 40 years mate and I can tell you it's a shambles. So don't give me the whole, "It's not paulie's fault nonsense". He's called a manager for a reason.

Paulie's fault??

Have you been watching Goodfella's?

The team, the manager & The Club have been severely handicapped by constant injury to our key players & at vital times throughout the season.

Had we won the last 4 games nobody would be bleating on about Karsa & Culverhouse.

Too many fans are OTT in their judgements without being privy to facts.

The facts as far as I am concerned speak for themselves.

ie - injuries to key players thwarting the development of Lambert's plans as in Okore, Benteke, Kozak, Nzogbia & Vlaar at various points throughout the whole season.

Any other team in tghe Premier League would struggle in the same circumstances.

ie where would Liverpool be without their key players Gerrard, Suarez, Sturridge etc etc for long periods of the season.

Also, Suarez is Liverpools best player by a country mile in the same way that Benteke is ours.

• Like 2

I like Lambert - but realistically he will  go at the end of the season.  They were his coaching staff, but Lambert is accountable for performances and results. Could\Will anyone anyone else do better ? - personally I doubt it - but that alone isn't enough to save Lambert

No. I think not.

Paulie's fault??

The team, the manager & The Club have been severely handicapped by constant injury to our key players & at vital times throughout the season.

Had we won the last 4 games nobody would be bleating on about Karsa & Culverhouse.

ie - injuries to key players thwarting the development of Lambert's plans as in Okore, Benteke, Kozak, Nzogbia & Vlaar at various points throughout the whole season.

ie where would Liverpool be without their key players Gerrard, Suarez, Sturridge etc etc for long periods of the season.

Also, Suarez is Liverpools best player by a country mile in the same way that Benteke is ours.

The facts are we haven't won enough games - even with a full squad to choose from. Im not baiting for him to go - because I fear what follows - but Ultimately its a results business - and the results haven't been good enough.

I like Lambert - but realistically he will  go at the end of the season.  They were his coaching staff, but Lambert is accountable for performances and results. Could\Will anyone anyone else do better ? - personally I doubt it - but that alone isn't enough to save Lambert

Conversely, it might be the reason they keep him. Why sack him if they can continue running along the shoestring policy?

No. I think not.

Paulie's fault??

Too many fans are OTT in their judgements without being privvy to facts! Do me a favour.

The facts are staring everyone in the face. A few facts spring to mind straight away:

1. The boring style of football on display in nearly every game played home and away.

2. Losing 10 league games at home.

3. Failing to score in 13 league games out of 33.

Trying to find excuses is really lame and just covers up the shortcomings.

• Like 1

Â