Paul Lambert

limpid

Me and VR are from an older generation that have witnessed far worse than this season. We are better prepared to deal with failure and disappointment than others, we are hardened by experience. 

Additionally, we have witnessed the ultimate rewards of longevity under Ron Saunders and have seen what unwavering support can achieve in difficult times.

Why not give McRubbish more time then if it's all about longevity?

Also, you must be part of the boomer generation. The most privileged, spoilt generation of all time. Time for bed. Work tomorrow as someone has to pay your pension.

Practically every body on VT lives in a blame culture.

There's always someone at fault.

Crystal Palace have just turned Everton over in their own back yard.

Will the natives at Goodison be getting restless & nailing Martinez's balls to the Glady's Street End goal posts now?

Palace have momentum, they had it by winning 2 games before they beat us. Now they have kicked ass at Everton.

Please stop looking to blame Lambert every time we have a set back.

We go again?

Okay then, if we don't go again, what the ****  do we do then, lie down & die?

Lambert is right, we do go again, what other choice is there?

So all of you scape goat hunters here on VT, bow your head's with shame in criticising him for this, stop blaming Lambert, stop blaming Randy, stop blaming Faulkner & stop living in a blame culture.

Stop, stop, stop.

Instead, do what fans are supposed to do & get behind the Manager, the team & the whole beautiful club.

Stop moaning. Stop griping, stop being misery arses & support , support , support.

If you need any help regularly practice the following song  for Saturday:

Paul Lambert's Claret & Blue Army.

ps- No nailing anyone's balls to any goal posts unless their name is Lee Clarke :P

Welcome to on-topic

Will the natives at Goodison be getting restless & nailing Martinez's balls to the Glady's Street End goal posts now?

Palace have momentum, they had it by winning 2 games before they beat us. Now they have kicked ass at Everton.

Probably not they're 5th...

You haven't watched us much this season have you? You can't have.

Palace was the straw that broke the camel's back, not a shock result in an otherwise brilliant season.

Fingers crossed this change in backroom staff can see an improvement in style and results!

Me and VR are from an older generation that have witnessed far worse than this season. We are better prepared to deal with failure and disappointment than others, we are hardened by experience. 

Additionally, we have witnessed the ultimate rewards of longevity under Ron Saunders and have seen what unwavering support can achieve in difficult times.

How do you know your better at dealing with failure or disappointment than anyone else? Being around longer is no argument. Your just more accepting of failure which in itself breeds failure. I have seen crap times down the villa too and been going since the late 70's however that does'nt mean I'm going to follow the blind or not shout my displeasure when the club I love is floundering.

I will as I am sure everyone else will get behind the team come kick off on sat and hopefully SID influences lambert into a 4-4-2 formation with some width and go for it. I wont be singing Lamberts claret and blue army though because the VILLA IS OURS!!

• Like 1

Reading the full article it looks like it might just be a temp thing to help out until the end of the season. Although I think they're best leaving it as it is with the familiar faces, having to get used to a new face might not be what we need at the moment.

So David meets Goliath......and wins.

If you are trying suggest our fans are fickle by comparing us with a side that has achieved record points in a season and by comparison we have managed the worst home record in our history and you are making a futile attempt to compare fans in the whinging stakes.....I am flabbergasted at your case.

They are both playing well..... we are awful, arn't our fans entitled to whinge.

There is absolutely no comparison IMO

Edited by TRO

If the majority of the fans now want Lambo out then why don't they just admit that they got it wrong.

Many of them have fortunately.

So logic dictates then that if they were wrong about Lambert then unfortunately they will probably be wrong  about our next managerial appointment too.

Fortunately, for them & us,Lambert remains.

Err...if you say so.

Being around longer is no argument. Your just more accepting of failure which in itself breeds failure. I have seen crap times down the villa too and been going since the late 70's however that does'nt mean I'm going to follow the blind or not shout my displeasure when the club I love is floundering.

I am not looking for an argument chap. If you believe that booing and blaming your own on a consistent basis is a way to "breed success" then go for it champ. All that I see happening is you becoming hot, sweaty and disappointed. Totally pointless in my opinion of course.  ;)

• Like 1

Reading the full article it looks like it might just be a temp thing to help out until the end of the season. Although I think they're best leaving it as it is with the familiar faces, having to get used to a new face might not be what we need at the moment.

That's what leads me not to believe it. Sid and Given have been appointed to do just that, so much so that they even get a mention from the owner. I can't see any new coach coming in until the season has ended.

So David meets Goliath......and wins.

If you are trying suggest our fans are fickle by comparing us with a side that has achieved record points in a season and by comparison we have managed the worst home record in our history and you are making a futile attempt to compare fans in the whinging stakes.....I am flabbergasted at your case.

They are both playing well..... we are awful, arn't our fans entitled to whinge.

There is absolutely no comparison IMO

No. All I have continuously & consistently sincerely  pointed out on this thread is that in my opinion the majority of fans on this site for enumerable reasons have not been fair to Lambert or given him enough time to prove his full value.

As stated previously I may be completely wrong & I accept that too.

In the meantime to those fans who booed Lambert at Palace & chanted you don't know what your doing I say this:

"You don't know what your doing, you don't know what your doing."

If his two trusted lieutenants have been removed for what appears to be personal conduct infractions, Lamberk must ultimately be held accountable. And that means he needs to go too. Piss poor results and a diabolical coaching staff he either couldn't control, or tacitly supported. It's all gone tits up, Lamberk has been exposed, and it's obvious that these guys are more suited for a circus than a football club. We need some professionals, and quick.

Edited by maqroll

So Villa were a disorganised shambles when we beat Jose Mourinho's Chelsea 1-0 at Villa Park recently?

No. I think not.

That same alleged shambles deservedly turned Arsenal over on the opening day of the season too & Man city at home with their backs against the wall.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Where you been for the other 30 odd games?

Villa have been a shambles for most of the season and all this nonsense with coaches etc is further proof that the club is a shambles! I've watched Villa 40 years mate and I can tell you it's a shambles. So don't give me the whole, "It's not paulie's fault nonsense". He's called a manager for a reason.

Paulie's fault??

Have you been watching Goodfella's?

The team, the manager & The Club have been severely handicapped by constant injury to our key players & at vital times throughout the season.

Had we won the last 4 games nobody would be bleating on about Karsa & Culverhouse.

Too many fans are OTT in their judgements without being privy to facts.

The facts as far as I am concerned speak for themselves.

ie - injuries to key players thwarting the development of Lambert's plans as in Okore, Benteke, Kozak, Nzogbia & Vlaar at various points throughout the whole season.

Any other team in tghe Premier League would struggle in the same circumstances.

ie where would Liverpool be without their key players Gerrard, Suarez, Sturridge etc etc for long periods of the season.

Also, Suarez is Liverpools best player by a country mile in the same way that Benteke is ours.

Too many fans are OTT in their judgements without being privvy to facts! Do me a favour.

The facts are staring everyone in the face. A few facts spring to mind straight away:

1. The boring style of football on display in nearly every game played home and away.

2. Losing 10 league games at home.

3. Failing to score in 13 league games out of 33.

Trying to find excuses is really lame and just covers up the shortcomings.

Number 1 is an opinion and not a fact.

Oh great, a debate about the nature of truth. That's what I look to VT for. Here's a fact - water boils at 100 degrees. The chemical formula for water is H20. 

Here isn't a fact - 'The Godfather' is a better film than 'Manos: The Hands Of Fate'. That might not be a fact, but it's a widely-held cultural belief, and you won't find too many people to take the other side of the argument. I don't find too many people taking the other side of the argument when I say Villa are s*** at home either, but you're welcome to start. Please tell me all of the ways in which you've been wowwed, awed and entertained by our worst ever home record performances. 

Oh great, a debate about the nature of truth. That's what I look to VT for. Here's a fact - water boils at 100 degrees. The chemical formula for water is H20. 

Here isn't a fact - 'The Godfather' is a better film than 'Manos: The Hands Of Fate'. That might not be a fact, but it's a widely-held cultural belief, and you won't find too many people to take the other side of the argument. I don't find too many people taking the other side of the argument when I say Villa are s*** at home either, but you're welcome to start. Please tell me all of the ways in which you've been wowwed, awed and entertained by our worst ever home record performances. 

This is a very odd post.

The poster he was responding to presented an opinion as a fact - he was highlighting this error, nothing more. You've then inferred that he's happy with the performances by putting all sorts of words in his mouth.

Probably not they're 5th...

You haven't watched us much this season have you? You can't have.

Palace was the straw that broke the camel's back, not a shock result in an otherwise brilliant season.

Fingers crossed this change in backroom staff can see an improvement in style and results!

The same here - 52 years a supporter and fanatic (notice I did not put just fan - seeing as for some support is conditional on having a manager/chairman/player they want or like). And I'm proud to say I am an old fart - a proud member of the The Aston Villa Old Farts Club - support and follow unconditionally through thick and the very thin - through the shit and through the roses. And before I get slated - I hated Ellis but you know what - I may have protested but during the game I gave the TEAM 110% (as per the great Ron Suanders) support - no booing, no moaning (AT THE PLAYERS)

• Like 4

Joking aside, people have booed at some ridiculous points in games. There was a section of people booing when we brought Tonev on against Fulham. Ridiculous. There had also been people booing when Bennett's name was mentioned in the starting 11 at the start of the Chelsea game.

These are the kind of "fans" that no club needs.   Why on earth do these people spend their hard earned cash to do this? They must collectively be as thick as several short planks.

Aah! Don't you know that they pay their money and they have a right to boo who they want when they want where ever they want - it's thier right and duty to do so. :)

Â