Paul Lambert

limpid

I can't believe there are people on here that actually want to see us lose 12-0.

i can't believe some people think Lambert is a good manager but there you go. And for those defending the benteke dropping why not the same criteria re cleverly ?
He should be dropped too, as should Sanchez after last week.

But you can't drop everyone. If Sanchez was playing I bet Cleverley wouldn't be.

coeverly has been a week link for ages, Sanchez one bad game. Lambert has no consistency there. He has his favourites and pig head ness means that he will put that before the club imo. A terrible manager who has no right to be at the club. The sooner gone the better. We could scrape a win today and that would not excuse his woeful performance to date.

Who are his favourites, apart from apparently Cleverley?

Gabby, Benteke, Westwood, Sanchez, Cissokho and Weimann have all been dropped recently. Hutton was dropped for 2 years. Okore doesn't really count. Clark has been dropped plenty of times.

I don't think he's ever dropped Delph but he's arguably our best player.

So I suppose Delph and Cleverely are his favourites then? Pretty short list.

Edited by Stevo985

Whatever needs to happen for us to get rid of Lambert then I am all for it. Relegation, 12-0 loses, whatever.

We aren't going to get anywhere with him and he should have been sacked ages ago but the board are sticking with him and it seems 1 win in 8 games is enough to keep him in a job.

Id rather we have a new manager in the championship than continue with whats going on now. It's just awful, Id like to enjoy watching/supporting Villa again. Premier League or Championship I don't really care anymore, money has killed the game I just want to watch some entertaining football. Who's enjoyed any of this season?

Harry Kane just scored the 599th and 600th Premier League goals this season of which Aston Villa contributed 11, and he 12. It's just surreal how bad we've been in front of goal and a minor miracle that we're not in the relegation zone.

Weren't there plenty of people quoting Einstein a while back?

"The definition of Insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Now he's trying something different. Still gets pelters.

How about we wait and see what happens.

• Like 2

Whatever needs to happen for us to get rid of Lambert then I am all for it. Relegation, 12-0 loses, whatever.

We aren't going to get anywhere with him and he should have been sacked ages ago but the board are sticking with him and it seems 1 win in 8 games is enough to keep him in a job.

Id rather we have a new manager in the championship than continue with whats going on now. It's just awful, Id like to enjoy watching/supporting Villa again. Premier League or Championship I don't really care anymore, money has killed the game I just want to watch some entertaining football. Who's enjoyed any of this season?

We've been through all this before - whatever happens today Lambert will not be sacked.

• Like 1

We've been through all this before - whatever happens today Lambert will not be sacked.

There has to be a breaking point even for Lerner, the quicker we get there the better.

Weren't there plenty of people quoting Einstein a while back?

"The definition of Insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Now he's trying something different. Still gets pelters.

How about we wait and see what happens.

Here's another one for you:

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour Watch Villa for an hour and it seems like an eternity. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

I'm no fan of Lambert - quite the opposite, in fact - but given that nobody expected us to get anything out of this match and given that people have been calling from Benteke to be dropped given his recent poor performances I'm not sure that there was a better opportunity to do exactly that. Would people really rather Lambert drop Benteke against Hull?

If we lose today and on Tuesday he won't be sacked.

Thanks for that Mr Fox.

I'm not Mr Fox but I think we both have a very similar internal narrator when it comes to Villa's future direction.

Edited by useless

I can't believe there are people on here that actually want to see us lose 12-0.

i can't believe some people think Lambert is a good manager but there you go. And for those defending the benteke dropping why not the same criteria re cleverly ?

But you can't drop everyone. If Sanchez was playing I bet Cleverley wouldn't be.

coeverly has been a week link for ages, Sanchez one bad game. Lambert has no consistency there. He has his favourites and pig head ness means that he will put that before the club imo. A terrible manager who has no right to be at the club. The sooner gone the better. We could scrape a win today and that would not excuse his woeful performance to date.

Gabby, Benteke, Westwood, Sanchez, Cissokho and Weimann have all been dropped recently. Hutton was dropped for 2 years. Okore doesn't really count. Clark has been dropped plenty of times.

your desire to defend lambert is certainly strong today. So who said about the others being dropped? Oh you did.... Speak to people at the club and see if he has his favourites, but i suppose they are liars also?

I'm no fan of Lambert - quite the opposite, in fact - but given that nobody expected us to get anything out of this match and given that people have been calling from Benteke to be dropped given his recent poor performances I'm not sure that there was a better opportunity to do exactly that. Would people really rather Lambert drop Benteke against Hull?

i would rather Villa drop Lambert ......
  • Like 1

your desire to defend lambert is certainly strong today. So who said about the others being dropped? Oh you did.... Speak to people at the club and see if he has his favourites, but i suppose they are liars also?
Actually I just wanted to know who they were.

I'm assuming you don't know either then?

Edited by Stevo985

Well done MON Mk II

Instead of making a proactive change when we finally score a goal and bring the scoreline back to 1 - 1 with Chelsea clearly rattled you sit on your hands and let them back into the game

Really could have done with at least a point today considering how poor Chelsea were

Â