Paul Lambert

limpid

Got it wrong again so far tonight. Really poor stuff. 

Nothing to do with an impressive defensive display by Cardiff then? No other variables than draw=failure?

Granted Turner  was solid and Marshall made some great saves, but we should have won and would have if the players Decision Making was better something the coaches/manager need to work on. By that I mean the 2 big points in the game - Gabby not hitting it first time and Westwood crossing (behind) and andi who couldn't get good contact on, now Westwood should have shot across the goal. These are the things that need ironing out on the training pitch and that to me is the Managers responsibility. There were numerous other examples that could have been used to highlight that point.

Now many would argue that's down to the  players and yes I agree to an extent but that's what the training ground is for. We make things hard for ourselves and IMO we should be closer to the bottom of the table and would be except a few flukes wins (Man City for one).

Just play 4-2-3-1 or something, cant have Weimann or Albrighton on the bench..

---------------------Guzan-------------------------

Bacuna------------Vlaar-----Baker-----Bertrand

-----------------Delph------KEA/Sylla---------------

Albrighton-----------Weimann-------------Gabby

---------------------Benteke-----------------------

Try to give Weimann a free role and lets see how it gets, can't get any worse tbh

I canr believe people are saying we were better second half. OGS changed his tactics, Zaha went off and we started to get chances, no brainer really. Not liking how Lambert just stays glued to his seat lately, seems the team are doing exactly what he expects of them.

Just play 4-2-3-1 or something, cant have Weimann or Albrighton on the bench..

---------------------Guzan-------------------------

Bacuna------------Vlaar-----Baker-----Bertrand

-----------------Delph------KEA/Sylla---------------

Albrighton-----------Weimann-------------Gabby

---------------------Benteke-----------------------

Try to give Weimann a free role and lets see how it gets, can't get any worse tbh

I'd be happy with that. As long as it's KEA and not Sylla! Don't know what people see in him

We're needing other results now to keep us away from the drop. 

We need Everton to beat Palace

We need City to beat Sunderland

We need Liverpool to beat Fulham

and Stoke vs Swansea would be helpful if they drew. 

You would expect the first 3 to go according to plan, but the last one could go either way. We need these results now just to keep the pressure off us. Hope Lambert can sort out our home form for the game against Norwich. Hopefully we can snatch something against Newcastle as well. 

We're needing other results now to keep us away from the drop.

We need Everton to beat Palace

We need City to beat Sunderland

We need Liverpool to beat Fulham

and Stoke vs Swansea would be helpful if they drew.

You would expect the first 3 to go according to plan, but the last one could go either way. We need these results now just to keep the pressure off us. Hope Lambert can sort out our home form for the game against Norwich. Hopefully we can snatch something against Newcastle as well.

Back to checking results of others. I just want this to end, I just want to be happy with us again. :(

Poor first half, but for once he seemed to react to the game in front of him, we put them on the back foot in the second half and kept them there, also the Weimann sub made us look more dangerous in the second half.

If Newcastle lose to Tottenham tomorrow, I think we need to go for the throat when we go there. Maybe go Helenius and Benteke up front? I imagine the atmosphere at St James' could be pretty toxic as they're not in good form and just sold their best player too, and we'll need to capitalise.

• Like 2

Joe Bennett should never have started that game. He's out of the picture for ages and then comes back to play left midfield. The kid is useless and below the level we play at. We were again lucky not to go in losing at half time.

Our forwards let Lambert down tonight.Gabby and Weimann should have both scored. But, Guzan had to make a couple of useful stops too!

Â