Paul Lambert

limpid

He sacked McLeish for a start who he brought in and he could have kept him on in a stubborn way of keeping face. I think he would have probably sacked Lambert this season like Fox did but we will never know

I dont. He should have sacked him at the end of the previous year and he didn't. I think fox is a big reason Lambert is no longer here

Faulkner didnt sack McLeish, Lerner did. I remember john Percy saying it on twitter when Faulkner left, he was dead against the hiring of McLeish but Lerner wouldn't be told.

• Like 1

what did he say?

"Obviously no one likes to lose their job but clearly results weren't good enough and you've got to look at yourself and improve - you have to. I'll pick myself up and go again".

;)

• Like 2

It was dreadful.

I hoped to hear a clear headed and self aware recovered guy.....but he came across as deluded.

We were bound to struggle given our level of spending.

Yet also he knew wed not get relegated.

He's not surprised at how well they are doing, would be surprised if we weren't...

Benteke needed to get over his injury, he was great in year 1.

What about year 2 Paul, you missed it out.

Also how come he scored 2 in 4 on his return in December ? That doesn't look like he needed time. Then just 1 in 8 till you dropped him. And since ....!!!

And if you thought he was unfit why did you keep playing him ?

And if you knew that why was your assistant so harsh on his training recently ?

Utter gobblydegook.

And as for Grealish...

Presenter " he came through on your watch you kept him in the squad " (yes but never started him in a league game ffs !)

Lambert " I think the pleasing thing for me, listen we never always seen eye to eye but as a young player you have the quality you try to teach him what can happen when things go wrong to try to harden them up he's doing well now having a sustainable run but there'll come a time when hell find it hard when things don't go his way at the minute he's playing without fear as a young player always does (Aaaaggghhh....yes they do if you don't do what you've just said you did !!!)

Appalling, absolutely appalling.

That Grealish quote is utter babble. If true shouldn't be anywhere near young players or any players. No wonder we were so negative with that type of nonsense.

That Grealish quote is utter babble. If true shouldn't be anywhere near young players or any players. No wonder we were so negative with that type of nonsense.

Very negative, and very dangerous, babble !

Very negative, and very dangerous, babble !

Yeah in all seriousness that paragraph could stop him getting another job.

I've been as positive as I can about Lambert, but that interview was complete bullshit. It's all about him getting another job (which could be Derby, if my friend is correct - says he has spoken to them).

Â