Paul Lambert

limpid

No to Redknapp by the way, don't be so ridiculous.

Lambert isn't going to be sacked is he? That's utterly mental. Steve Keane esq isn't it.

As much as I dislike redknapp as a person he is a better manager than lamebert. Things are that bad under this clown, I would take him Redknapp. He is passionate and gets best out of what he has.

I think curbishly for me is the best choice

Redknapp resigned due to needing knee surgery and not being able to stand up for more than 10 mins.

However misguided you feel it is, Lerner and Lambert appear extremely loyal to each other and I will be very surprised if Lerner sacks Lambert or if Lambert walks.

We are clearly in trouble, but in my view, because change is still unlikely, personally I will be getting behind the manager and the team and hope that we can turn the season around.

So you believe Lerner does not care about money? With the new TV deal, relegation this season will have even more dire consequences for his investment in our club.

We are on a treadmill to the Championship with PL at the helm.

Randy cares too much about his millions to allow them slip away without a fight. I am sure they are currently assessing their options.

Anything less than 2 wins in the next 2 games and he’s gone.

Could be.  Personally I don't believe so - if RL cared so much I think the Janaury window was the time to show that

Lambert isn't going to be sacked is he? That's utterly mental. Steve Keane esq isn't it.

As much as I dislike redknapp as a person he is a better manager than lamebert. Things are that bad under this clown, I would take him Redknapp. He is passionate and gets best out of what he has.

Except he really, really doesn't get the best out of what he has. The exact opposite of that.

Why does it have to be somebody shit to replace the shit we have already?

But somehow he mananged to batter lamebert this season. I still feel lamebert is poorer out of the two

I think curbs or laudrup. sherwood would be a risk

Redknapp resigned due to needing knee surgery and not being able to stand up for more than 10 mins.

And if you believe that you'll believe anything  ;)

• Like 4

Alan Smith says Aston Villa's board needs to have "a hard think" about the future of Paul Lambert, following Tuesday's defeat to Hull.

The 2-0 loss at the KC Stadium was the manager's 50th defeat in 101 matches in charge of the club and saw them drop into the relegation zone for the first time this season.

Villa have the unwanted record of being the lowest scorers after 25 games in Premier League history - scoring 12 top-flight goals this season - with some away fans holding up a banner calling for Lambert to be sacked.

And Sky Sports expert Smith feels the club need a "spark from somewhere" to help them stay up.

"Whatever Paul Lambert is doing at the moment and in between matches, it's not working," Smith told Sky Sports Match Choice.

Aston Villa fans protest at Hull on Tuesday

"Tom Fox [chief executive] and Randy Lerner [owner] are going to have a hard think about what the right decision will be.

"You see so often you get a change of manager, you get a bounce, you get a reaction. Paul Lambert - there is a good manager in there - but he's not able to show it at the moment.

"The fans are turning against him and when you get that kind of atmosphere, you get that kind with the players on matchday [too] and [it] creates pessimism and rebellion.

"The more and more banners that come out, the more pressure there is on the manager."

Aston Villa are the lowest scorers after 25 games of a Premier League season

Smith feels the club wouldn’t struggle to find a high-quality replacement for Lambert, but isn’t convinced owner Lerner, who announced last summer he was looking to sell the club, is actively looking for improvement.

"It's an attractive job and Aston Villa are an attractive football club to manage. Obviously, the present situation isn't too enticing, but there wouldn't be a shortage of offers I'm sure.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says the team must keep battling away

"The most frustrating thing for the fans is that they don't know what Randy Lerner is thinking.

"He's obviously an absent owner and you don't see him at Villa Park too often and that adds to the frustration. Does he actually know the situation? Is he aware of the frustration, the anger from Aston Villa fans at the moment because they're crying out for something to be done.

"I'm not just talking about Lambert being sacked, they're just looking for a little bit of urgency, a little bit of flair. Christian Benteke started on the bench again - he came on as a sub - but his confidence is on the floor.

"They've just got to find a spark from somewhere."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/16298/9709983/paul-lamberts-aston-villa-future-questioned-by-sky-sports-alan-smith

A neutral's viewpoint. I agree with all of it except the "there's a good manager in there" line. Lambert is a terrible manager.

I think I am envious of those that have only just realised that Lambert is not right for AVFC and now want him gone. Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season I just watch games for the sake of it not because I have any belief that we are any good and will do well. Oh the curse of being able to see the wood for the trees. I sometimes wish I just had blind faith like some.

As obvious as it is that Lambert needs to go now, it's not only his fault - but you can't see that as much as you can see Lamberts doing a poor job.

It's getting a little embarrassing how much you're trying to rub peoples noses in it.

How the hell am I trying to rub peoples noses in it? I think you are getting paranoid. If you are embarrassed by this then you need to see a doctor.

You're not. You're seeking affirmation and approval. You want a pat on the head and a bonio chucked your way. Posts like that don't make me think "oh, I should listen to this guy in future", they just make me cringe. You are the one who should be embarrassed.

I will not be replying beyond this post. Thanks.

Thank god for that.

It's just all painfully bewildering. 

If you don't sack the manager, you have to come out after each poor performance and give fans an explanation as to why. 

It's just all painfully bewildering.

If you don't sack the manager, you have to come out after each poor performance and give fans an explanation as to why.

Who does? Randy certainly won't be doing that.

Fox? I don't really know. I just want some answers. The head cleaner could make a statement for all I care, I just want someone to tell me why he hasn't been banned from the Midlands. 

I do find it odd that there hasn't been a "were all in this together" statement today, when it started to go tits up under houllier & McLeish these statements were put out straight away.

The only way we're staying up right now is with a change in manager.  Even if in the long run he's not the right man I'd do it just to spark a change.  

Michael Laudrup has gone back out to as much as 10/1 for the QPR job... PLEASE if there is a god up there in heaven, please be because we've moved in at the last minute to get him!!

Â