Paul Lambert

limpid

According to Wikipedia (and therefore indisputable), our coaching set up is as follows:

Paul Lambert: Manager
Scott Marshall: First Team Coach / Defensive Coach
Terry Gennoe: Goalkeeping Coach
Andy Marshall: Interim Goalkeeping Coach

No wonder we can't score a goal. We're obsessed with Goalkeepers. What's that all about? Randy Lerner's Expense cutting policy?

It needs an overhaul in my opinion (although, controversially, I would stick with Lambert as the Manager and invest in attacking coaches)

Also, according to the official AVFC website Who's Who page, Roy Keane is still Assistant. Wonderful.

I think I am envious of those that have only just realised that Lambert is not right for AVFC and now want him gone. Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season I just watch games for the sake of it not because I have any belief that we are any good and will do well. Oh the curse of being able to see the wood for the trees. I sometimes wish I just had blind faith like some.

• Like 1

I think I am envious of those that have only just realised that Lambert is not right for AVFC and now want him gone. Having seen this coming since before half way through his first season I just watch games for the sake of it not because I have any belief that we are any good and will do well. Oh the curse of being able to see the wood for the trees. I sometimes wish I just had blind faith like some.

Well done you.

• Like 4

Well done you.
It's a curse I tell you!

put him out of his misery

between now and the end of the season, I'll do the managing on a conference call from here

my tactics will be simple enough for players to follow:

you guys with low numbers on your shirts, try to stop the other team scoring and pass the ball to the players with high numbers on their shirts

you guys with high numbers on your shirts, shoot at the other team's goal when you get the opportunity

IF after 4 games my stats are worse than Lamberts, I will step down and buy everyone a pie

lol as someone mentioned in another thread you could put a peeled banana in charge and law of averages will see them do better than Lambert. Unlikely that Lerner would be able to hire someone as good as a peeled banana, though. 

l ' m beginning to think now , that the real reason keane left , was because he no longer wanted to be associated with such God awful football . Thats why he rang Cleverley 's door bell , because he wanted an explanation on how he considered himself a professional footballer .

As others have said. I can only imagine behind the scenes nobody is willing to tell Lerner how serious this is. They are probably just reassuring him they know what they are doing. Lets face it Fox/Lambert are a team, they are geographically detached from the owner so anything bad reflects on both of them.

I can honestly imagine the scene to be totally blasé, the reality of relegation will not have been planned for nor conceived. We were still farting around with the CCO rather than looking for an assistant. That is simply the level of importance our board have placed on having the correct coaching structure.

It'll be simply the same as any middle of the road company (I know, I've worked for some). Lerner will put all the responsibility on Fox, who (with his branding/marketing experience) will have said that the only way for Villa to grow is to improve our marketability i.e. better football. This was then passed down to Lambert who tries to carry it out but he's a) clearly not capable of the coaching side and B) he's not backed properly  in the transfer market to buy the right players not backed with his backroom staff.

Are there any fans interested in a Villa Park boycott? maybe for the FA cup game. A poll would be good if possible.

Edit: Maybe even a mass protest outside the ground during the game. Or is that just sad?

My thinking is get the media attention as much as possible. Lerner will have to act then.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

l ' m beginning to think now , that the real reason keane left , was because he no longer wanted to be associated with such God awful football . Thats why he rang Cleverley 's door bell , because he wanted an explanation on how he considered himself a professional footballer .

I said when Keane left it was because he could see the iceberg on the horizon.

I must be the only one who doesn't want him sacked today. Perhaps Richard too. 

It's not because I support him or have faith in him. Lambert should have been sacked on at least 5 occasions during the last 2 years.

It's because I truly believe Lerner has no plan for such a scenario. Generally, you don't sack your manager in february after sticking with him for so long unless there's someone lined up that you believe will do better. How many people who want Lambert sacked think Lerner has someone lined up? Lerner is a fool when it comes to running sports clubs, that much is clear to everyone. Even if he has the balls to sack Lambert he won't know what to do - we'll have former bomb squad Given as caretaker FFS. Is there something more laughable than this? Then he'll take his sweet time to conduct job interviews ( always thought it was a farce the previous times he was doing this - this is football at the highest level, you don't openly do interviews, you go and get your man ). Then he'll probably manage to pick someone who's ever worse than Labert. He's done that even when you thought there was no one worse - he's gone from MON to Houllier to McLeish to Labert - the trajectory is clear. Yes he will manage to get someone even worse than Lambert, make no mistake, he will even if you think that's impossible. 

So, despite the doom and gloom of today's situation, I think our best chance of survival is if Lambert stays and tries to save us somehow. He should also get an assistant ASAP. He should then be sacked with the final whisle of the Burnley game.

I have never heard of a worse reason to keep someone in a job.

Lambert is destroying the club on the pitch. QPR managed to get a first away win without a manager. I honestly think our lads would play better with Sid or Tony Mc in charge.

By the way I would not heavily criticise Lerner for appointing Lambert. He did try for Martinez first and Lambert looked an ok option on paper. His football was always dour though. Mark Hughes was probably the best option, who’s knows what happened there.

We need Lambert gone

I must be the only one who doesn't want him sacked today. Perhaps Richard too. 

It's not because I support him or have faith in him. Lambert should have been sacked on at least 5 occasions during the last 2 years.

It's because I truly believe Lerner has no plan for such a scenario. Generally, you don't sack your manager in february after sticking with him for so long unless there's someone lined up that you believe will do better. How many people who want Lambert sacked think Lerner has someone lined up? Lerner is a fool when it comes to running sports clubs, that much is clear to everyone. Even if he has the balls to sack Lambert he won't know what to do - we'll have former bomb squad Given as caretaker FFS. Is there something more laughable than this? Then he'll take his sweet time to conduct job interviews ( always thought it was a farce the previous times he was doing this - this is football at the highest level, you don't openly do interviews, you go and get your man ). Then he'll probably manage to pick someone who's ever worse than Labert. He's done that even when you thought there was no one worse - he's gone from MON to Houllier to McLeish to Labert - the trajectory is clear. Yes he will manage to get someone even worse than Lambert, make no mistake, he will even if you think that's impossible. 

So, despite the doom and gloom of today's situation, I think our best chance of survival is if Lambert stays and tries to save us somehow. He should also get an assistant ASAP. He should then be sacked with the final whisle of the Burnley game.

put him out of his misery

between now and the end of the season, I'll do the managing on a conference call from here

my tactics will be simple enough for players to follow:

you guys with low numbers on your shirts, try to stop the other team scoring and pass the ball to the players with high numbers on their shirts

you guys with high numbers on your shirts, shoot at the other team's goal when you get the opportunity

IF after 4 games my stats are worse than Lamberts, I will step down and buy everyone a pie

Only problem is the shirt numbers are all over the shop these days!! But I'd still rather give you a chance than the current incumbent. Congratulations you're hired!

Â