Paul Lambert

limpid

Those of you who want Lambert out what would it take for you to change your minds in the near future?

For me I've been swayed so often by those little spells of positivities that last for maybe month or so. The two times I've been in the "Lambert out" camp (hate those labels though) was at the end of last season and now after this horrendous run.

I think he needs a bit more than a few games of positivity to show that he's on the right track. Hopefully last weekends second half is the start but we need see some consistency for maybe 1-2 months. By consistency I don't mean winning every match, just showing with performances and results that we are on to something.

Lambert has gotten many chances and I hope he'll somehow change this team but I doubt it very much if you look at his whole tenure here.

I was right with him for two and a half seasons. Considering results, performances etc., I think I gave him every chance.

For me to change my mind, it would require consistent progress over a season.

we just need to sort out Lambert's coaching ability and we'll be set.

For all you know Lambert is the best coach in the universe, unless you're a regular at BMH and have sat in on other clubs training as well, you have no way of knowing and pretending you do is just silly.

Results on the pitch are probably a bit of a guide.

Not much more than "a bit" if anything. Putting everything that happens on the pitch down to coaching is (how shall I put this?) a false narrative.

I should have put a smiley. I was in fact understating for effect. Quite a short sentence, and cannot understand how you would think that I either stated or indicate`everything'.

However, while obviously circumstances have an effect on what happens on the pitch, I believe that coaching also plays a very large part, and I cannot believe that anyone would think differently.

So Lerner is not a motivated seller now? Great news.

Don't worry, we're also improving according to Dr Fox

Just what the club needed, another bullshitter

It staggers me, what a CEO of a football club, hired by the owner is expected to say publicly by some fans.

"Yeah the club is absolutely dreadful, the owner is a rocket polisher and I have no idea why I took the job"

• Like 4

Those of you who want Lambert out what would it take for you to change your minds in the near future?

For me I've been swayed so often by those little spells of positivities that last for maybe month or so. The two times I've been in the "Lambert out" camp (hate those labels though) was at the end of last season and now after this horrendous run.

I think he needs a bit more than a few games of positivity to show that he's on the right track. Hopefully last weekends second half is the start but we need see some consistency for maybe 1-2 months. By consistency I don't mean winning every match, just showing with performances and results that we are on to something.

Lambert has gotten many chances and I hope he'll somehow change this team but I doubt it very much if you look at his whole tenure here.

There needs to be a massive improvement in performances and results, this will not happen under Lambert though as he is totally incapable of producing it. He is quite simply an atrocious manager.

At the moment I am honestly happy that we are still in the top division. His hands are tied so tightly in terms of finance which in this day and age rules football. While he does not inspire me, the players seem to be trying to play for him.

Let's get the club sold and then look at the manager. Villa is a tough place to manage under the current chairman.

For all you know Lambert is the best coach in the universe, unless you're a regular at BMH and have sat in on other clubs training as well, you have no way of knowing and pretending you do is just silly.

I'm glad he might be great on the training pitch, how many points in the league does that give us?

• Like 1

Not much more than "a bit" if anything. Putting everything that happens on the pitch down to coaching is (how shall I put this?) a false narrative.

What about the bit where Dr Fox says that the one person who can really affect all that (i.e. everything that happens on the pitch) is the manager?

And saying "putting everything" when nobody has said that is a strawman argument.  It clearly does have an effect though, or why even employ managers in the first place.  His lack of tactical nous has been evident for too long now.

You're right, strictly speaking you weren't "putting everything" down to coaching. I'll take that slap on the wrist. Now take one yourself for the bolded bit, please, because what you really mean is that results and performances haven't been too good. Neither of us knows as much about tactics as he does, and nobody on earth can say that we'd be better off if different tactics had been employed - it's pure guesswork based on results and performances.

What about the bit where Dr Fox says that the one person who can really affect all that (i.e. everything that happens on the pitch) is the manager?

You're suggesting that the fox has implied that Lambert has had a negative effect in that regard?

What Fox said was that it's not all about the manager (which is true) and that replacing him now wouldn't be guaranteed to improve things and could make them worse (which is true). 

That's not an unfettered vote of confidence mind and Fox seems (unlike Faulkner) to have the drive and singular vision to pull the trigger is results and performances don't improve.

I don't see that scenario as being on the immediate horizon, however. 

i think Lamberts biggest problem is that he is too tactical at times and stops players doing what they're good at. It's ok away at a top 4 club having a rigid team being solid and hoping to nick one. Our problem is beating the teams we should because I think he drills them so much defensively he forgets about the attacking aspect. Players get picked because they're strong defensively rather than on their attacking abilities. IMO the size of the club has got to him as he isn't the same bloke we wanted from Norwich. He needs to pick attacking teams from the start hopefully Gil will help the creative side and after Sunday he can't be dropped. Big decision regarding bringing Gabby back and Weimann I'd stay the same just swapping LB and Bacuna for Delph.

And saying "putting everything" when nobody has said that is a strawman argument.  It clearly does have an effect though, or why even employ managers in the first place.  His lack of tactical nous has been evident for too long now.

You're right, strictly speaking you weren't "putting everything" down to coaching. I'll take that slap on the wrist. Now take one yourself for the bolded bit, please, because what you really mean is that results and performances haven't been too good. Neither of us knows as much about tactics as he does, and nobody on earth can say that we'd be better off if different tactics had been employed - it's pure guesswork based on results and performances.

How about when others just as qualified, or more so, criticise his tactics?

In any case, you don't have to be qualified in a specific sphere to have an opinion about it.  I don't have any football coaching qualifications, but I could see that he got it badly wrong for example in the games against Bradford.  It wasn't just a case of the players playing badly, Lambert massively messed up. 

Â