Paul Lambert

limpid

Worst performance I've seen under Lambert and by Lambert.  How we went 70 minutes without a change is a farce.  He has Gabby playing in behind Benteke which leads to Gabby barely being in the game and when he does get on the ball he just gives it away as he can't get himself out of tight spaces and belongs on the bench or on the wings if he is going to start.  Cleverley was terrible again today, he offers zero and everything breaks down as soon as it goes near him or he just slows it down and turns back when we could have a chance of attacking, how he played the full game I just don't know.  Other than Clark and Guzan everyone of them were crap.

It's a terrible situation the club is in right now and it's hard to see where we go from here without major changes. I'm a bit disillusioned with it all atm and the only way out I see is that we are sold to ambitious new owners who shake the whole club up and invest in the team.  This is unlikely to happen anytime soon so what matters  more is what is happening right now and without a doubt it's not good enough and things have to change. I can't see Lambert being sacked regardless and even if he was I'd be bricking it just contemplating who Lerner would appoint.  

My slim bit of hope left is that we sign the players required to get us scoring again and players that can replace the likes of Cleverley, Gabby and Weimann in the starting 11, I think that is our best chance of being anyway successful at this stage and by successful I mean hovering around mid to bottom table, yipee!

I am normally a defender of Lambert but today was awful. Awful. Disgraceful. Appalling. However, I'm not quite in the Lambert Out group.

Don't get me wrong, Lambert messed this one up. We've apparently been waiting for a team not to sit back against us and Leicester didn't - and they could have won 4 or 5 nil! Really bad. No fight, sloppy, lazy. Cleverly needs dropping, as does Benteke who thinks he can just sulk rather than work. No striker is playing well but Weizmann at least tries unlike Gabby. Swapping Sanchez for Richardson was a ridiculous decision! We miss Delph badly.

However, once the furore of this appalling match has died down I still believe that there is little that will be improved by changing the manager. I will admit I'm not as resolute in that belief as I have been but I think that's just because of today. Yes a crap Leicester smashed us with less money but if it was always based on paper every result would be predictable. We've beaten/ matched teams that are far better than us this season too.

We are appalling. I will not deny that. But I think most Lambert sympathisers will think as I do; it's not good enough, we hate this season, the football, the players but, while I wouldn't exactly care if he was sacked, I still don't think he's the main problem. 

What funds would a new manager get to improve this crap?

• Like 1

i don't think he is that bad of a manager...I like the style he is trying out. We have to start richardson, weimann and gabby every week. First names on the teamsheet for me.

Im ernst?

Trans

Are you serious?

My worry is Lambert will not be sacked and Lerner will keep him, the relationship between fans and manager is now almost beyond repair. This kind of situation will effect players and could result in relegation next season if he is persisted with.  

This exact same thing could have been said last season.

Should have done it then.

We could have lost every game after beating Chelsea and we still would have stayed up. We are just above the level of relegation teams. But it's the inconsistency, randomness of the past 2 seasons which is just unbearable. There are those parts of both seasons where I believed he's turned the corner, got us playing and now it's onwards and upwards yet everytime it's always followed by failure, significant failure to even win a match. 

It's past the point of return. Even if people want to stick by him they'll be silent, or mostly so. The worrying part is the departures we will suffer in Summer. Benteke will want out asap and we would be wise to capatilise on the last season he has any significant value. Delph, Vlaar also gone.

What a bad day today has been for our club.  :(

• Like 1

'Side foot elevated pass to the edge of the box'. It's beyond boring and doesn't work.

Crying out for width and we continue to play crab football. Utter crap. I've had enough of Lambert - there isn't even Plan A. 

• Like 1

It he had any self respect he'd walk tonight and start rebuilding his reputation. His assistant manager showed more passion today than he did. Pearson having a go at our bench and he's just sitting there making notes. How can he expect to inspire a win? He's so dull.

He's turned us into such a pointless team, and there is no turning it round with him in charge.

Sadly, Lerner doesn't care!

Today has clearly been the final straw for a lot of fans but Lerner isn't going to sack him.

So is he going to back him and allow him more money and also fund another assistant manager as well?

Would be cheaper just to get rid of the clown now and bring in someone else with their own backroom staff

Also, not one player looked like they were giving there all for an under fire manager today, he's either lost the support of the players or the players just don't care about the club. Both are equally scary.

I am normally a defender of Lambert but today was awful. Awful. Disgraceful. Appalling. However, I'm not quite in the Lambert Out group.

Don't get me wrong, Lambert messed this one up. We've apparently been waiting for a team not to sit back against us and Leicester didn't - and they could have won 4 or 5 nil! Really bad. No fight, sloppy, lazy. Cleverly needs dropping, as does Benteke who thinks he can just sulk rather than work. No striker is playing well but Weizmann at least tries unlike Gabby. Swapping Sanchez for Richardson was a ridiculous decision! We miss Delph badly.

However, once the furore of this appalling match has died down I still believe that there is little that will be improved by changing the manager. I will admit I'm not as resolute in that belief as I have been but I think that's just because of today. Yes a crap Leicester smashed us with less money but if it was always based on paper every result would be predictable. We've beaten/ matched teams that are far better than us this season too.

We are appalling. I will not deny that. But I think most Lambert sympathisers will think as I do; it's not good enough, we hate this season, the football, the players but, while I wouldn't exactly care if he was sacked, I still don't think he's the main problem.

What funds would a new manager get to improve this crap?

Don't try an get someone banned chap!

Have some decency and resign Lambert you utter cockwomble

Through all the hatred, anger and frustration in this thread, Cockwomble might well be the shining light! Thank you!

My vocabulary is now all the better for this great addition!

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Also, not one player looked like they were giving there all for an under fire manager today, he's either lost the support of the players or the players just don't care about the club. Both are equally scary.

Clark was great today. Some looked disinterested but I'd say the majority looked lost and disorganised.

Â