Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert was far too diplomatic about Swarbrick and the officiating of the game (which cost us the victory).

Trouble is, any criticism from lambert would leave him facing an fa charge and a fine with a possible touchline ban with it.
Exactly. It's another thing to criticise him for though so.....

I'd love to have Lerner as my boss, just knowing you can be so awful and still be untouchable would be brilliant.

must be like working for a local authority?

I want Lambert out now but he is not to blame for Benteke's red card and his presser comments were fair.

I blame him for us sitting back and letting Spuds attack though!

Lambert was far too diplomatic about Swarbrick and the officiating of the game (which cost us the victory).

Trouble is, any criticism from lambert would leave him facing an fa charge and a fine with a possible touchline ban with it.

Lambert getting a touchline ban would be a step in the right direction.

Even Lambert's Norwich side is better than this side.

The Norwich team, from lamberts last game, a 2-0 over us in 2012

Ruddy, Naughton, Martin, Ryan Bennett, Lappin, Elliott Bennett, Johnson, Hoolahan, Howson, Holt, Jackson.

Only kyle naughton out of that team are still in premier league. There's no way that team is better than what we put out yesterday, Imo.

Ruddy, Naughton, Martin, Ryan Bennett, Lappin, Elliott Bennett, Johnson, Hoolahan, Howson, Holt, Jackson.

Only kyle naughton out of that team are still in premier league. There's no way that team is better than what we put out yesterday, Imo.

Think he meant they played better than us, which is true. They were actually pretty good for a team full of League 1 and Championship quality players, and played football lightyears beyond what Lambert currently serves up with us.

Edited by Keyblade

I am not advocating making personal slurs about the officials as others have done. But Lambert should have passionately attacked the general officiating of that game, regardless of a potential fine or ban. Injustice can galvanise the club.

No he shouldn't have. Instead he should passionately attack Benteke for being an idiot. 

Ref was bad but the only major wrong decision was not sending Chadli off. 

And since he sent Benteke off on the advice of one of his assistants (maybe even the fourth official?), you can't really blame the ref for getting the Mason decision wrong. Think I'm right in saying though that the FA can review the incident retrospectively, so maybe Mason will get his comeuppance in time.

Think he meant they played better than us, which is true. They were actually pretty good for a team full of League 1 and Championship quality players, and played football lightyears beyond what Lambert currently serves up with us.

I agree with that, ghe major difference though is momentum, which lambert had built up at Norwich, 2 successive promotions, the players run through brick walls for the manager. He has failed to get any real momentum going at Aston Villa. After we beat Chelsea last season, it was followed by a 4-1 defeat at home to stoke, and the telegraph wrote

"every time Paul Lambert seems to have turned the corner at Aston Villa, its followed up with a performance of complete ineptitude".

Which sums up he's time here perfectly.

• Like 2

It's a better side in terms of how they played, his Norwich side played better football due to the freedom he and his team had.

He has nothing to lose at this point, he should just let the team play with freedom. His job is virtually secure barring a catastrophic run like 10-15 defeats in a row/serious relegation threat, so why is he letting the pressure get to him? As Villa fans we have lowered our expectations a lot to get behind him, yet they still weigh heavily on him for some reason.

Norwich had the freedom of playing like that because of the reduced expectations.  If they had been relegated would anyone have been surprised of disappointed?  If we get relegated its a huge deal and that expectation means we have to try and play in a certain way,  plus it is different personnel.  Just my opinion

Pulis' football at Palace was much better than Lambert's has been for the last two/three years.

Lambert has it perfectly set for him to be fair. Even if he does get sacked, which he won't, but say he walks when we lose nine in a row and Burnley turn us over... He'll STILL be exempt of blame for some people.

Obviously he won't get another Premier League job for a long long time because other fans and clubs can see how bad we are but our own fans still can't. Good for him.

Absolute garbage; I really hate posts like this.

I'd like you to find one fan anywhere who has said "Lambert is exempt of blame".  It's just absolute **** nonsense. 

• Like 3

Norwich's way of playing was unsustainable anyway because of how bad they were defensively. Playing gung-ho and outscoring your opponents is fine when it's going well and you are somewhat an unknown quantity but once opponents wise up to it then you are in big trouble. Obviously though, a balance can be found between that approach and the McLeish-esque stuff currently served up.

Edited by Isa

Norwich's way of playing was unsustainable anyway because of how bad they were defensively. Playing gung-ho and outscoring your opponents is fine when it's going well and you are somewhat an unknown quantity but once opponents wise up to it then you are in big trouble. Obviously though, a balance can be found between that approach and the McLeish-esque stuff currently served up.

Any opportunity to mention McLeish. This is Lambert's mess up now.

I think the McLeish comparisons are unfair. Sure the current football served up is pretty bad, but just looking back to when we faced Spurs under McLeish he played Hutton as a right winger and Heskey as a left winger just to keep the score under 3-0. There was no intention to win a football match that night, and for the majority of his time here. Whereas yesterday we were the better side against them and looked value for all 3 points. McLeish was anti-football, whereas Lambert is idk, haphazard football? Not pretty, and certainly not getting us anywhere fast but still worlds away from 17 0-0 wins a season.

• Like 1

Pulis' football at Palace was much better than Lambert's has been for the last two/three years.

Lambert has it perfectly set for him to be fair. Even if he does get sacked, which he won't, but say he walks when we lose nine in a row and Burnley turn us over... He'll STILL be exempt of blame for some people.

Obviously he won't get another Premier League job for a long long time because other fans and clubs can see how bad we are but our own fans still can't. Good for him.

Absolute garbage; I really hate posts like this.

I'd like you to find one fan anywhere who has said "Lambert is exempt of blame".  It's just absolute **** nonsense. 

There are people who like taking that turd and rolling it in glitter but at the end of the day it still smells like a turd!

Mmmm and I seem to remember one poster the other day who wrote a very long post on how we should all blame Lerner and not Lambert???

Couldn't possibly say who it was though as my memory isn't so good now?

Any opportunity to mention McLeish. This is Lambert's mess up now.

It's usually the norm to compare a manager with his predecessor. Maybe you should question why McLeish is continually name-dropped by so many people. Or even better, maybe you should reacquaint yourself with the standard of football that has been on show during the past year.

Â