Paul Lambert

limpid

Think this comment from Lambert on below article says it all about his style of tactics, Leicester came back from being down against Man Utd to win 5-3 by going Gung-Ho

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-want-play-freedom-7982549

He told the Birmingham Mail that he is looking for more from his attacking players in the coming weeks but admits it has never been his intention to sit back and defend.

“Against the big teams, you can’t go gung-ho,” he said. 

“If you go really gung-ho it can eat you up.

But do you also remember when Chelsea put 8 past us being gung-ho?

so you are basing that thought on ONE GAME? that was a freak result and may never happen to us again for a very long time that type of loss

So you prefer watching this sitting back and defending type of football do you rather than giving it a go? If we lose, we lose but at least 90% of the fans will understand that "we had a go at the opposition" as attacking is the best form of defence incase you don't understand that.

Edited by Villan4Life

We have some very good players, some good players, some average players and some not so good players

Lerner and Fox should realise, The manager needs to find the best formation, right balance and get the right tune out of them, Otherwise its like taking your new kit car project to a shite mechanic and complaing its only firing on two!

Edited by Kingman

But do you also remember when Chelsea put 8 past us being gung-ho?

I bet Lambert remembers.

Shame he couldn't remember 1-0 in our favour at Villa Park vs the same opposition where we actually had a go at them.**

**(I say that fully expecting the comment "Chelsea had a player sent off and that changed the game" from someone - which I simply don't buy. We made it difficult for them and their frustration contributed to the send-off.)

I think he tried the go for it approach and the mauling we got over the Christmas period 2012 left a few scars.

He won't do that again until he has the players he can rely on week in week out.

Most of our players just aren't consistent enough and we don't have the quality in depth to replace them when off form.

When they click, which isn't very often, they look good but more often than not they look a very average side.

I don't think we went "gung ho" against Chelsea for our record loss, we were just utterly shite.

This^

I know that 37% possession and 4 shots on target is a great achievement compared to what is being served this season, but it's by no means going gung-ho, no way. 

Lambert has never gone gung ho with us. The only difference being 8-0 last year and 3-0 this year was that last year we defended like a bunch of clowns and this year we were less comical. Even in the 1-0 win at VP we were hardly having a go until the sending off which changed the whole game.

Lambert only does dog turd boring football!

I am sick of the bullshite every week from him making out he wants to play differently if it wasn't for ......(please insert lame excuse)....!

I am sure he is managing Dortmund on FIFA 15 and has lost all touch with reallity which is the only explanation for his inane ramblings I can think of!!!

• Like 1

Think this comment from Lambert on below article says it all about his style of tactics, Leicester came back from being down against Man Utd to win 5-3 by going Gung-Ho

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-want-play-freedom-7982549

He told the Birmingham Mail that he is looking for more from his attacking players in the coming weeks but admits it has never been his intention to sit back and defend.

“Against the big teams, you can’t go gung-ho,” he said. 

“If you go really gung-ho it can eat you up.

I dont mind if we dont go really gung ho, be nice if we went a little bit gung ho now and again because the last few performances have been boring as hell.

Im expecting a defeat monday lambert will set us up to not lose as soon as qpr score it will be the same old dross. We all know possesion will be maximum 40% and a lack of shots. Villa imo are in a relegation battle lambert just dosnt inspire me and he clearly dosnt inspire the players. Villa's style of play bores me to bits when will he learn counter attack just isng and never will work.

Edited by villan501

Villa imo are in a relegation battle lambert just dosnt inspire me and he clearly dosnt inspire the players. Villa's style of play bores me to bits when will he learn counter attack just isng and never will work.

I agree its not like playing 4 of last seasons top 6 has any baring in the slightest.

Villa imo are in a relegation battle lambert just dosnt inspire me and he clearly dosnt inspire the players. Villa's style of play bores me to bits when will he learn counter attack just isng and never will work.

I agree its not like playing 4 of last seasons top 6 has any baring in the slightest.
We play awful awful football we couldnt beat bradford over 2 legs millwall leyton orient or sheff utd. For me lambert aint upto it letting teams have more of the ball puts to much pressure on the defence. I want to see nice attacking play from villa but its all to predictable every week. Villa get spanked by the big teams more often then not but can anyone honestly say they see victories against the like of qpr saints sunderland palace leicester burnley etc because years ago id say wed beat the twice think we will lose alot more than we win. Edited by villan501

But over the years we've been awful against poor teams as well. Especially in the cups. What's the reason for that?

Yeah it's not like we've been playing in that style for the majority of Lambert's tenure.

This counter attack nonsense is starting to annoy me as well. It's not like we are even any good at it. None of our midfield are quick but Delph and Gabby is the only one with any real pace. When did we last score a good counter attack goal?

Lowton is a big miss to this system, he wasn't great at defending but he got forward and has more quality in crossing and passing than Hutton has. He put in a lot of good balls for Benteke. You can say the same on the other side with Bertrand missing.

I don't think we went "gung ho" against Chelsea for our record loss, we were just utterly shite.

This^

I know that 37% possession and 4 shots on target is a great achievement compared to what is being served this season, but it's by no means going gung-ho, no way.

I disagree to an extent (but also agree that no matter how you dress it we were really quite shit in that match across the board).

However, from memory we ended that game with three or four strikers on the pitch and I can recall chelsea attacking with 3 or 4 attackers on 2 or 3 defenders at will during the last 10/15 mins

Â