Paul Lambert

limpid

I wish we had some new forwards

i am so sick of the rotating line of issues, injuries and excuses that surround our strikers, have any two from Gabby, Benteke, Weimann and Kozak every been consistent, fit, playing well for a period of more than four games?

Add the dreary tedium of Zog and Bent to that and no wonder we can't score goals.

I really don't get the Lambert bashing of late,

Its a bit like being into the most average girl at school for 3 years then finding out she's a shit shag half way through, but she 'cums' from Bournemouth  :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

I don't hate Lambert and I think quite highly of him. I think this is the reason I get so pissed off, I expect more.

I don't expect 10 wins in a row and competing for fourth. I do expect us to compete on the pitch and give it our all - even 'lowly' Burnley do this. There is no excuse for the way we play and have played.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is bashing him. But into his 3rd year I'd like to see progress in how we approach games and perform.

and we do.

We have just played Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City & Everton. I did not expect anything from them, but at times we showed signs of improvement,

I don't think anyone is bashing him. But into his 3rd year I'd like to see progress in how we approach games and perform.

and we do.

We have just played Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City & Everton. I did not expect anything from them, but at times we showed signs of improvement,

When in those games did we show improvement? We looked better in defence at the start of the season but in terms of keeping the ball and creating chances its been the same story.

• Like 2

and we do.

Strangely when we beat Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool last year, those games were pinpointed as progress. Yet this season they are "not important."

What changed?

• Like 2

If we play against QPR with that negative counter attacking rubbish then I'll be calling for his head. I'm so sick of watching it. We should be taking the games to teams like QPR whilst showing them no respect.

I can only see a defeat i agree with above totally. Even if we win i just cannot stand counter attack it dosnt work consistantly and if we go a goal behind could be hard. I really think we will end up going on a bad run because we just arent up to it. Qpr are bottom.of the league that to me = a defeat.

Diafra Sakho at 3.5mil was an absolute bargain not sure why someone on here said he cost West Ham 6mil? For same price we paid for Bennett as well. Kouyate and song was also good additions as well.

Song is also on about 100k a week

Diafra Sakho at 3.5mil was an absolute bargain not sure why someone on here said he cost West Ham 6mil? For same price we paid for Bennett as well. Kouyate and song was also good additions as well.

Benteke was a bargain too. Every team will get bargains now and then, every team will get crap players also, mainly the latter in fact. 

• Like 1

Why should it be higher? Its all relevant. We're in the prem but then we have better players. And in terms of resources I'd say Lambert's had it easier.

the gap between quality in the Premier League is so much larger than in the championship. Your more likely to win games there than in the premier league. Dont get me wrong. I think PL record is horrible and deserves sacking but Lee Clarks is worse imo.

Surely the only relevant equivilant to this would be comparing Lambert's league 1 and championship record to Clark's which I'd imagine would be much better given he achieved back to back promotions.

• Like 1

Well you could, but they have Valencia and Sakho who look immense. Look at Noble who is on par or better than Delph/Westwood and a much better back 4 and it's no wonder they're much better than us.

Valencia and sakho look good. Type of players we can't sign? I don't think so. That back 4 contains Collins who many villa fans wanted rid of. And if I remember we were close to signing cresswell but wouldn't match the fee Ipswich wanted. When you add up wages and money spent on lbs the last 3 years that's something we could have done.

I think you have to give some credit to Sam allardyce as well.

Its a shame I now look at teams like Southampton and west ham with serious envy.

Could we afford them? Didn't Valencia cost 11 million and Sakho 6? Not too mention wages.

Sakho is their Benteke, plucked him from the French 2nd division so he'd have been on peanuts. An unbelievable find from Big Sam.

West Ham are a much more balanced team than we are. Got pace and power upfront and are solid defensively, they'll finish above us.

I really don't get the Lambert bashing of late,

Its a bit like being into the most average girl at school for 3 years then finding out she's a shit shag half way through, but she 'cums' from Bournemouth  :D

I think it's more like fancying a girl for years and finally bedding her, only to find out she's a total dog without her makeup on and doesn't even have her own teeth. You want to get rid but she gives the occasional decent blow job once every couple of months even though she's shite at everything else and refuses to try different positions.

Further down the line you want to get rid again but like a clearing in the woods you've gone and married her, meaning she'll take half of everything you still have.

• Like 1

When he's been desperate, which has occurred a fair few times in his reign, Lambert has plucked great performances from somewhere.

I would really like one on Monday. We are so bad, it is vital we don't look at games like this and think we'll go there and take a point.

It'll take a big effort, but we could do with three down there

Thread is page 911. Emergency services needed!

Call that number then, see how far you get.

It was either that or a 9/11 joke.

I know which is in better taste.

;)

Edited by DK82
  • Like 1

Â