Paul Lambert

limpid

This is Evertons and it really dont add up if Transfermarkt isn't really really wrong.

I think it's a good working assumption that Transfermarkt is really, really wrong.

:)

I really don't know.Do we have anything to back up your statement.  :)

Well back on topic!!

So recent stories suggests Lambert has decided to bring the bomb squad back in. Personally I think he is a total hipocrite and its disgusting, now he is in the shite he wants them back in the squad. Well I know what I would do if I was Bent, Hutton etc and it certainly wouldn't include putting out for the club!. We are obviously gonna get no where near our best out of the bomb squad players. Lambert has treated them like outcasts now he is expecting them to play a big part in the team next season, maybe even to put some value on them again.

Look! Let make one thing clear here. Lamberts motivation is not that he loves the club and us fans, its probably mostly down to the salary. Someone mentioned maybe £25+k a week. No one is offering him another job, (not even Celtic) an he has recently gone through a divorce, so to me personally, he can hardly afford to quit at the moment, He was obviously waiting for his big pay off, but unfortunately for him Lerner was unwilling to give him his million quid.

So people who think he is holding the fort because of his undying loyalty to the club, to me, are very misguided. I think if another premiership club or even Celtic came calling, he would be off.

• Like 4

Well back on topic!!

So recent stories suggests Lambert has decided to bring the bomb squad back in. Personally I think he is a total hipocrite and its disgusting, now he is in the shite he wants them back in the squad. Well I know what I would do if I was Bent, Hutton etc and it certainly wouldn't include putting out for the club!. We are obviously gonna get no where near our best out of the bomb squad players. Lambert has treated them like outcasts now he is expecting them to play a big part in the team next season, maybe even to put some value on them again.

Look! Let make one thing clear here. Lamberts motivation is not that he loves the club and us fans, its probably mostly down to the salary. Someone mentioned maybe £25+k a week. No one is offering him another job, (not even Celtic) an he has recently gone through a divorce, so to me personally, he can hardly afford to quit at the moment, He was obviously waiting for his big pay off, but unfortunately for him Lerner was unwilling to give him his million quid.

So people who think he is holding the fort because of his undying loyalty to the club, to me, are very misguided. I think if another premiership club or even Celtic came calling, he would be off.

giphy.gif

Well back on topic!!

Nail, meet.....thumb

• Like 3

Ian Culverhouse dismissed by #avfc and follows Gary Karsa out of the exit door. Paul Lambert now stepping up search for new backroom staff

it should be "Ian Culverhouse dismissed by #avfc and follows Gary Karsa out of the exit door. Paul Lambert soon to follow when new owners are announced."

Good luck to him finding backroom staff if that's the case.  

I'm not sure there's much to disagree with. I 100% think Lambert has his sole interests at heart, and that's not a criticism of him because I think the vast majority of people would do the same.

He's currently in a job being paid and will get a pay off when he's replaced. Why currently give that up? Some say to save his reputation but really at the moment I'd say that's not an issue, especially if the club fails to be sold. Any problems we have next season will be put onto the owner wanting to and failing to sell by the media.

I don't for one second think Lambert is here out the goodness of this heart. Its like with Lerner, for some reason people think we have people who really care for the club first running the place.

There are a combination of reasons why He won't  walk out.

1. It don't look good on the CV, being a quitter

2. Why give up a pay off, would any one of us.

3. There is a slim he will ride out the storm

4. Despite all the negativity, its still a high profile job in football.

5.He ain't got another job.

• Like 2

IMO Lambert was wrong with the way he treated a lot of the players.

Darren Bent and Charles N'Zogbia are both decent players that a better manager could probably have got more out of (Mark Hughes is also getting more out of Stephen Ireland).  

It's just another area Lambert has messed up with. If you mix that in with the last 2 transfer windows, poor results, dire performances and his team getting worse rather than better he just has to go.

• Like 1

Darren Bent and Charles N'Zogbia are both decent players that a better manager could probably have got more out of (Mark Hughes is also getting more out of Stephen Ireland).

It's just another area Lambert has messed up with. If you mix that in with the last 2 transfer windows, poor results, dire performances and his team getting worse rather than better he just has to go.

3 managers at Fulham also 'failed' with bent then?

Ireland plays well for a move or a contract, he's already dropping out of favour at stoke.

• Like 3

3 managers at Fulham also 'failed' with bent then?

Ireland plays well for a move or a contract, he's already dropping out of favour at stoke.

The 3 managers at Fulham failed with all of their players so a bit unfair to single out, anyway i think Lambert was instructed to do certain things.

• Like 1

He signed a new 3 year contract in mid April and started Stokes last 7 games which hardly suggests he is falling out of favour.

Edited by markavfc40

Well back on topic!!

I'm struggling to recall a post in recent times on this site that so singularly fails to grasp the reality of the situation and misses the point so spectacularly as this one
Try the one where someone said that Lambert was the best manager we've had in thirty years.

tumblr_lt77phjQ9f1qdlkgg.gif

I have no idea whether Ireland is despised by the Stoke fans or whether they're all getting life size tattoos of his face inked on their chests, the point is that Aston Villa are only too happy not to be paying his wages any more. Even when he was playing reasonably well for us, he was always costing more than he was worth.

• Like 1

Eh?  He started just about every one of their last 10 matches

Â