Paul Lambert

limpid

For every remark that a person makes claiming Lambert is a good manager there are at least a dozen facts proving quite the opposite

Keep clutching at those straws all you want but he will be gone at the end of the season anyway and rightly so

• Like 4

Pretty obvious with the three at the back he set up for a draw and cannot see holt in the set up, now the country cousins are suspended.

yep, scoring those 3 goals really bollocksed his game plan up.

• Like 4

For every remark that a person makes claiming Lambert is a good manager there are at least a dozen facts proving quite the opposite

Keep clutching at those straws all you want but he will be gone at the end of the season anyway and rightly so

For every "fact" "proving" he is a bad manager there are at least a dozen other facts that mitigate his problems and indicate promise.

Keep clutching at the limited facts you are willing to acknowledge and ignoring everything else. I fear you may be right he will be gone, but I think we will have let a really good servant and manager get way.

• Like 4

Great, lets all get the party poppers out because Lambert hasn't relegated a team yet.

18 defeats already this season with 2 tough away games coming up. Get rid.

Another list:

9.   Pardew - 18 defeats

10. Hughes - 14 defeats

11. Holloway/Pulis - 19 defeats

12. Allardyce - 19 defeats

13. Laudrup/Monk - 18 defeats

14. Lambert! - 18 defeats

15. Bruce - 19 defeats

16. Clarke/Pepe Mel - 14 defeats

17. Di Canio/Poyet - 19 defeats

18. Hughton/Adams - 20 defeats

19. Jol/Meulensteen/Magath - 24 defeats

20. Mackay/Soskaer - 21 defeats

Some people mention Martinez, but his Wigan where of equal standard to Villa, so he said no to Villa at the time. Look at Pardew, with the most expensive team on that list, yet still lost 18 matches. Don't think Martinez, Pardew, Moyes or anyone could do a better job at Villa in this state. I trust Lambert.

Great, lets all get the party poppers out because Lambert hasn't relegated a team yet.

Another list:

9.   Pardew - 18 defeats

10. Hughes - 14 defeats

15. Bruce - 19 defeats

Some people mention Martinez, but his Wigan where of equal standard to Villa, so he said no to Villa at the time. Look at Pardew, with the most expensive team on that list, yet still lost 18 matches. Don't think Martinez, Pardew, Moyes or anyone could do a better job at Villa in this state. I trust Lambert.

Doesn't lend much confidence to your argument when you have to resort to such blatant straw-clutching tactics as lumping various managers together.

After having had a bit of time to think about it, here are my thoughts on the situation.

Lambert obviously has to go, no question. I'm not going to go into tactics/records etc because everyone has covered it. We couldnt have done much worse this season with anyone in charge. Throw a caretaker shithouse in there and we probably would be on the same points. The two big trump cards for Lambert are supposedly his ability to get the best out of his players and shrewd signings in the transfer market.

Both of those, IMO, have been massive failures. Gabby has had probably his worst season in a Villa shirt and most of the players have regressed this season. The project is a load of absolute crap. We have no plan to work towards, no obvious playing style and no obvious masterplan. Its just been a steady stream of mediocre rubbish. The signings have largely been dreadful, I wouldn't trust Lambert to spend 50m of anyone money. He doesn't know what he needs and cant spot a player. I have zero faith in his tactics, transfers, subs or plan. There hasn't been a single reason in the last two years to give him another season.Luckily for him, hasn't got us relegated so no damage has been done really. Well other than ruining my, and most of us heres weekends for two years.

The only thing I will say, and this changes nothing but he has been exceptionally unlucky with injuries. Losing two strikers who were scoring goals, your starting center-back, most talented midfielder for essentially the whole season is rotten luck. But it doesn't excuse the seemingly endless embarrassments, awful football and this depressing dark cloud hanging over the club right now. For me, this has been the worst tenure in my time. Worse than Taylor, McLeish and Houllier. Taylor had rag-tag bunch of over the hil shithouses to work with (I know he signed them) but the club was stuck in a rut then. Houllier tried to change our philosophy and I really thought he has a plan so he gets a pass. McLeish I never expected anything less from. We all knew it would be a disaster and it was. But with Lambert, I really had hope that we had obtained a wily, intelligent manager who could the best out of this young, inexperienced team. I really believed that we could go somewhere under him. But as we discovered, Lambert is a chancer who lacks all of those skills. He has been a complete failure and huge letdown.

Good riddance Paul.

• Like 2

I don't think what Lambert has done in 2 years is nesseserly a bad job. With the budget he's been handed to rebuild 3/4 of a squad with no players with premier league experience ok I think fair enough. He certainly has done a better job the McLeish for instance. Do I think he's a bad manager, well no. There's certainly talent there, but he makes mistakes. He's still a young manager though.

But if there's major investment I don't want him as manager mainly because the brand of football he's provided has been dire. You can only get so far with counter attacking football, and we've just looked clueless when someone lets us have the ball. I think we deserve some entertainment. I don't think we've had a team play good football since O'Learys first season, or before that Brian Littles team. We've played boring football now for probably 16 out if the last 20 years.

With the size and the quality of the Villa park pitch it needs to have quality football on it. That's why the big teams have filled theirs boots here.

Play good football at home, bring the fans in and get the Holte rocking....I don't ask a lot do I?

Another list:

9.   Pardew - 18 defeats

10. Hughes - 14 defeats

15. Bruce - 19 defeats

That just proves there is a lot of dross in the league and managed by Lambert we're one of those crap teams.

What clouds my judgement is that, I do actually quite like the bloke. But this season has been pretty awful, and unfortunately a managers ability needs to be judged on results not how likeable he is.

I do sympathise with him though, I think he has been unlucky with injuries. But it's still not been good enough. Lambert will have my respect though if he does leave come the summer. Him cutting the wage bill and keeping us in the Premier League is what has probably made any potential new owner consider buying the club, and for that, he has my respect and I'll wish him all the best.

• Like 3

For every "fact" "proving" he is a bad manager there are at least a dozen other facts that mitigate his problems and indicate promise.

Keep clutching at the limited facts you are willing to acknowledge and ignoring everything else. I fear you may be right he will be gone, but I think we will have let a really good servant and manager get way.

Based on what?

In 2012/2013 Martinez lost 20 games, got 36 points, and got relegated with Wigan. He was rewarded with a job at Everton. In my opinion, that Wigan team was better than this year's Villa team. Think about that. Really do.

You can say that Lambert could have bought better, but buying from C-leagues to save money on salaries is not the best strategy to be successful in a short period of time. Of his three main buys, two got long term injuries (Okore and Kozak), and one had to play at right back instead of midfield (Bacuna). The rest are showing promise, in my opinion. It will be the worst disgrace in Villa's history if Lambert really is quitting, because I can assure you, this will come back and bite Villa big time.

• Like 1

In 2012/2013 Martinez lost 20 games, got 36 points, and got relegated with Wigan. He was rewarded with a job at Everton. In my opinion, that Wigan team was better than this year's Villa team. Think about that. Really do.

You can say that Lambert could have bought better, but buying from C-leagues to save money on salaries is not the best strategy to be successful in a short period of time. Of his three main buys, two got long term injuries (Okore and Kozak), and one had to play at right back instead of midfield (Bacuna). The rest are showing promise, in my opinion. It will be the worst disgrace in Villa's history if Lambert really is quitting, because I can assure you, this will come back and bite Villa big time.

What, your opinion?

• Like 1

I really wanted lambert to be a success, I think he generally understands aston villa and what the club is all about. I don't think there's been a manager in my lifetime who has split the supporters so much. Unfortunately he just hasn't got what it takes at this level, and the sad thing is I think he knows it. As angry as I've been this season, I can't help but feel a bit sad as I really thought he was the man for us when he took charge.

• Like 3

Â