Paul Lambert

limpid

Pot-ay-toh. Pot-ar-toh.

No. We create **** all not because we weren't higher up the pitch but because we have no creativity in the side. By all means beat Lambert up about his failure to address that but not over a 0-0 draw with a better team than us.

If you press high up the pitch and close people down naturally you have more men forward and you're closer to the opposition goal to get shots in.

60 minutes played zero shots on target yesterday. Just not good enough.

And leave space behind for players like... Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana to run in behind. Judging by the fact they did get in behind a few times we were pushed up plenty enough I think.
By that logic you would sit back the whole game. Sometimes you need to be brave to win a game.
Would that have worked better against Southampton last time we played them?
Possibly - we completely fluked that game and deserved to lose.
Haha brilliant.

78% possession vs 22% and 21 shots vs 6 shots.

You can't rely on scoring screamers every week and letting the opposition have that many attempts at your goal.

The proof is in the pudding. We've got 1 point in 5 with that tactic and face another relegation battle.

1 screamer, the others were counter attack goals which is what the plan was. You can't argue that this tactic worked, you've also missed your out the most important stat from that game. Southampton 2-3 Aston villa.

1 screamer, the others were counter attack goals which is what the plan was. You can't argue that this tactic worked, you've also missed your out the most important stat from that game. Southampton 2-3 Aston villa.

We were lucky and Southampton had far more shots.  As the Southampton manager said after the game it's a game 1 time in a 1000 they would lose.

Our league position is proof playing that tactic as often as we do has not worked. 

The comparison between us and Soton was embarrassing yday, and i put most if it down to poor coaching. Soton play exactly how i want us to play, good movement, good possession, comfortable on the ball .I believe Delph, Bacuna, Bennett, Sylla , even Gabby would be much better players with better coaching, the reason, for me, why we are where we are yet again, is because of poor recruitment, and poor coaching.

Whoever owns/manages us next season, i hope we have a good football coach.

Totally agree 100%. The main reason I want Lambert to go (and the reason the writing is on the wall for him) is that he cannot get the best out of the players available to him, regardless of funds he has or hasnt had. The lack of hunger (for a manager who was supposed to be blooding "young and hungry" players) and motivation is absolutely criminal. This is down to poor coaching and tactics. Hopefully Sid will change this attitude problem but he hasnt got a great deal of time. We really need something from our next two games.

Even Brolly Wally Schteve McClaren would get more out of these players and set them up in a better way than this clown.

• Like 1

I think a certain David Moyes would beg to differ on Villa being the hardest job to figure out!

Yes but he has a reported 200m spend to look forward to, and brought in a creative player in Jan for nearly 30m. Lambert has made mistakes and should go, but any manager will struggle with the way the club is run.

• Like 2

Why did anyone expect the suspension of Culverhouse and Karsa to result in some sort of upturn in performance and ability? I said at the time it wouldn't but it's as if some blind force was at work weaving a magic spell over people's sense of logic.

Why did anyone expect the suspension of Culverhouse and Karsa to result in some sort of upturn in performance and ability? I said at the time it wouldn't but it's as if some blind force was at work weaving a magic spell over people's sense of logic.

Because we were hoping? That is the problem being an optimist. Glass is always half full. Always looking after some positive things to get confirmation that we are on the right track.

I don't deny that it was wrong. But it is just the way I am, being optimistic about most things. My biggest strength and biggest weakness at the same time.

Maybe it's the residual fumes from the meth lab Culverhouse and Karsa were running in the cellars of Villa Park.

I didn't though. We've been palying shite all season, why would we suddenly start to play good? Culverhouse and Karsa have never been the main problem, our manager has.

I didn't though. We've been palying shite all season, why would we suddenly start to play good? Culverhouse and Karsa have never been the main problem, our manager has.

Or maybe, somewhere in that mythical realm of 'Middle Ground', Culverhouse and Karsa leaving would have some effect, but obviously not a total overhaul.

• Like 2

Or maybe, somewhere in that mythical realm of 'Middle Ground', Culverhouse and Karsa leaving would have some effect, but obviously not a total overhaul.

Thats naive to think. The reason we lie in the position we are in at the moment, is because thats how poor our squad is. The table isn't lying, Lambert have focused on quantity, and we are now paying the price for that.

Edited by villalad21

Thats naive to think. The reason we lie in the position we are in at the moment, is because thats how poor our squad is. The table isn't lying, Lambert have focused on quantity, and we are now paying the price for that.

There's an argument though that if Lambert didn't focus on quantity that we'd be in a worse position now due to not having players to field due to injury. 

Edited by PieFacE

There's an argument though that if Lambert didn't focus on quantity that we'd be in a worse position now due to not having players to field due to injury. 

True, and i can accept he did focus on quantity in his first season when he clearly got the message to clear out the "bomb" squad, and he did. But his major mistake was this seasons summer window, where he continue to focus on quantity, when we were screaming for some more established players.

I think a certain David Moyes would beg to differ on Villa being the hardest job to figure out!

Yeah taking over a team that won the league at a canter and having splashed £70 mil on 2 players, really tough.

Having looked at how he's performed it would appear it was yes.

Â